Formations bugged?

It's related to Wind. Set the wind to 0 and they'll stay with you without issues.

I added it to a report about Fuel usage where I found that the Players reported ground speed in the F-10 differs from that of the AI.

If you set them to follow another AI aircraft (set the whole flight to Ai), they will work perfectly, but as soon as you tell them to follow a human into a headwind for example, all bets are off...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This has not been the case before though, at least as soon now. I always have wind in my missions (usually around 10 kts) and I have flown hundreds of sorties with AI wingmen in close formation.

I just flew a mission in the P-47 where my wingmen would not catch up with me until I damn near stalled the ac. Then they cought up, but as soon as I accelerated to cruise settings, the dissapeared behind me in deep trail formation again.

This has not been the case before though, at least as soon now. I always have wind in my missions (usually around 10 kts) and I have flown hundreds of sorties with AI wingmen in close formation.

I just flew a mission in the P-47 where my wingmen would not catch up with me until I damn near stalled the ac. Then they cought up, but as soon as I accelerated to cruise settings, the dissapeared behind me in deep trail formation again.

You're absolutely right, this has not been an issue until recently, and it started occurring around about the same time that the AI started using too much Fuel.

See the track files that I attached to the linked thread in the post above to see what I mean.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]