bomb ripple settings?

eatthis

clear a few things up for me please.

ripple timings, if i set 100ms i guess that means they are released at 100ms intervals?

at 550 knots thats very roughly 28m between releases, does that mean they will hit the ground 28m apart or is it more complex than that?

is it different for each bomb type ie mk82 slicks vs snakeyes?

also using jester i get the option to set ripple distance but i thought the only setting in the back was timing? does jester alter the timing on the fly to adjust for your airspeed to give the desired distances?? and is that the impact distance or release?.

heres a test i did yesterday (bit excited because it took bloody ages to get the bombs to actually release!!)

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

In level flight, release time spacing and impact time spacing will match up, there are variables in it (gusts that change the vertical and horizontal velocity of the plane and bombs) but they are minor. During lofting and dive bombing, release and impact spacing will be different.

As i understand it, when you tell Jester your desired ripple spacing, he calculates release distance into release time intervals according to current airspeed. I read that somewhere and he also refuses to use bomb spacings that cant be achieved with the Tomcats release timing settings (like very long release distance at very low airspeeds).