MP integration - Give SRS priority?

soupyc

Hey Hollywood and Co!

Thanks so much for working with the SRS devs to make VAICOM work so well with SRS!

My one question with dynamic switching is would there be a way (maybe I am missing it, maybe in a future release) to give SRS PTT priority until a command is given? I am aware that saying 'switch' while broadcasting on SRS would transmit it, so maybe a double tap/release of the PTT key or something similar?

OR, alternatively to the current function, maybe a double tap activates SRS (I imagine Vaicom needs to control the PTT to pass it to SRS)

Just a thought! Let me know if I can be of any assistance testing this!

Soupy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The voice of the F-14 "Ambush" Trailer and F-14 Tomcat Instructor Pilot

My Rig: Intel i5-7600k | MSI Z-270A PRO | 16GB DDR4 2400 | MSI nVidia GTX 1660 Ti | Saitek X52 Pro | TIR 4 w Pro Clip

SRS/Vaicom

Hi @soupyc, I actually suggested a solution for this problem to Hollywood, post #5186 on the main VA thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4317315#post4317315

Hollywood seemed interested, but he's understandably busy adding a lot of features/fixes so it might be a while before we see changes to the SRS/VAICOM interaction.

That's great! I am limited on my PTT options as well with an X-52, so that is my primary motivator. I love your idea!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Rig: Intel i5-7600k | MSI Z-270A PRO | 16GB DDR4 2400 | MSI nVidia GTX 1660 Ti | Saitek X52 Pro | TIR 4 w Pro Clip

Hey Hollywood and Co!

Thanks so much for working with the SRS devs to make VAICOM work so well with SRS!

My one question with dynamic switching is would there be a way (maybe I am missing it, maybe in a future release) to give SRS PTT priority until a command is given? I am aware that saying 'switch' while broadcasting on SRS would transmit it, so maybe a double tap/release of the PTT key or something similar?

OR, alternatively to the current function, maybe a double tap activates SRS (I imagine Vaicom needs to control the PTT to pass it to SRS)

Just a thought! Let me know if I can be of any assistance testing this!

Soupy

I have VAICOM pro and it mostly works, but it has never recognizes the “switch” command. Voice attack interprets the word correctly, VAICOM just doesn’t seem to have it in its list for me.

The double tap is a great idea.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

I have VAICOM pro and it mostly works, but it has never recognizes the “switch” command. Voice attack interprets the word correctly, VAICOM just doesn’t seem to have it in its list for me.

The double tap is a great idea.

That could be keywords! You may need to go into the Keywords page and do the 'Finish' steps since those features were added. (If you haven't already, ignore me if you have!)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That could be keywords! You may need to go into the Keywords page and do the 'Finish' steps since those features were added. (If you haven't already, ignore me if you have!)

No, I haven’t, but I only bought VAICOM a month ago and it seems to already recognize most commands, wouldn’t switch be among them? So it’s possible I missed a step. I tried to follow the manual as closely as possible, but I don’t remember that step.

You might give some more specific information about what you mean by "interprets the word correctly" and "doesn't seem to have it in its list for me." Those could mean more than one thing.

But here are a few tips that may or may not be related to your problem: Make sure on the MP tab of the VAICOM PRO configuration widget that you have VOIP Control set to "Dynamic Switching" and that the "Use Switch Command" box is checked. Also, "SRS Integration" and/or "Voice Chat Integration" should be checked, depending on which you are using. Finally, if using SRS you need the SRS option "Allow VAICOM TX Inhibit" set to ON.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Hi @soupyc, I actually suggested a solution for this problem to Hollywood, post #5186 on the main VA thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4317315#post4317315

Hollywood seemed interested, but he's understandably busy adding a lot of features/fixes so it might be a while before we see changes to the SRS/VAICOM interaction.

I would hope for a solution that does not require a specific kind of HOTAS. The proposed fix would not work on my CH gear.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

You might give some more specific information about what you mean by "interprets the word correctly" and "doesn't seem to have it in its list for me." Those could mean more than one thing.

But here are a few tips that may or may not be related to your problem: Make sure on the MP tab of the VAICOM PRO configuration widget that you have VOIP Control set to "Dynamic Switching" and that the "Use Switch Command" box is checked. Also, "SRS Integration" and/or "Voice Chat Integration" should be checked, depending on which you are using. Finally, if using SRS you need the SRS option "Allow VAICOM TX Inhibit" set to ON.

All of these have been set as you suggested.

To be more specific, if a key the mic and say "switch", then voice attack reacts with "Unrecognized

: 'switch'"

I checked the keywords and 'Switch" is in fact listed as one of my 941 keywords. This makes no sense to me, as the voice recognition is correctly interpreting the spelling from my voice but VAICOM must be ignoring it!?

So, I followed the instructions and suggested by soupyc and clicked finish.

A pop up window came up explaining that the updated keywords were placed in the windows clipboard so I had to open the DCS profile, double click AI communications in (category keywords collection) and clear all existing keywords in the 'When I say field" and then paste the new keyword set.

Unfortunately there are no 'AI Communications' command whatsoever under keywords so what the hell am I supposed to do?

Unfortunately there are no 'AI Communications' command whatsoever under keywords so what the hell am I supposed to do?

Doh, I guess when you click on one of the commands described as AI Communication, then you get the entire list and you can replace it with what the FINISH button puts in the clipboard. That was easy enough I guess. Thanks for the help guys!

I would hope for a solution that does not require a specific kind of HOTAS. The proposed fix would not work on my CH gear.

That would be my hope as well!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, these are interesting ideas around for further streamlining of SRS integration.

These involve some technical hurdles and it's not all straightforward.

But it will get further attention.

Grtz

Thanks Hollywood! That's great to hear! I can't fly without VAICOM now, and while the current integration is great, this would make this virtual aviators days!

Thanks again for all you do!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]