Operation Black Bear Campaign for the JF-17 Thunder

JonathanRL

On 6/27/2022 at 3:03 AM, deeleyer said:

Tried with another weapon this weekend and it worked all ok.

Thanks!

Which other weapon? Direct hit with a pair of GBU-16s gives me no points!

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any tips for completing Mission 9 "Broken Arrow" successfully? I've tried numerous times using the default LS-6 glide bombs in TOO mode using either the PP1 (waypoint 36) preprogrammed target point as SPI, or else setting my own waypoint in the mission editor smack on top of the bunker. So far no kills. I've tried different release altitudes and speeds. I've tried turning on INS+GPS in the HNS settings. I've tried aligning the bombs on the ground before taxi. Nothing gives me any hits on the bunker (at least not reported by DCS or Tacview). It's pitch black at the target site and I'm not sure how to view the damage so I have no insight as to how the bombs are landing.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Pretty sure I named that one "Empty Quiver" but you are not alone in having that problem.

Best results are if you launch at PP Mode at the IP but I am also unsure if something has been altered with the Aircraft. Whenever I check the mission in the editor, I can't find anything wrong. Mission 2 has a similar problem; but at least there it may be tied into the requirement that the map object needs to die.

However, you may choose any other weapon and the site itself is not defended in a way that requires you to use the LS-6. Black Bear was mostly made as a "try out the toolbox" kind of Campaign. It is Desert Thunder where I truly tried to test the pilot.

Edited by JonathanRL

signature.png