Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

What is the "proper communiation" for recovery landing

bin801

After landing on deck, screen shows " not proper communication"

I searched user manual fail to find answer.

My question is what is the proper way to using communication manu during recovery?

when ? which option ?

Thank You!

I'll assume CASE I. Call "Inbound" to Marshal 50 NM from the boat, call "See you at 10" when you're 10 NM away from the ship, enter into a 5 NM diameter orbit over the ship (left side) at or above 2,000 ft, wait for the Approach to say "<side number> .... BRC is YYY, signal is Charlie". After that, go for the CASE I approach and when you turn to final, at 0.75 NM from the boat, select the Ball Call from the comms menu (there is also a keybind for it, so you don't have to fiddle with the menu).

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Once you call See you at 10 to the Marshall, it will say “Update state switched off”, and then when you’re in pattern with the ship as above, it will call the approach officer with call sign and number, angels/altitude and fuel state. Then tower replies as an example “305, Tower, Roger. BRC is 309, signal is Charlie”. Which is then when you’re cleared to do your pattern approach.

That's all fine and dandy if you're coming back solo and there's no traffic nearby but when there are other aircraft inbound for recovery there's a bunch of other commands. Note, this was probably added after a few of the latest updates. it is August 7 2020 so more options in comms may have been added.

Either way I'm just as confused. I can't get "see you at 10" when I'm inbound with a wingman or if there are other aircraft in the stack.

So going off that, what is the correct order of communications. "See you at 10" is when it's just you by yourself and then it's fairly simple to communicate but it's not that easy when you're not alone.

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

So what is the "Clara" for as well?

PC: Intel i7-9700F @3.0GHz; ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080 08G; 32GB RAM; 250 GB SSD; 500GB NVMe SSD; 1TB HDD

Joystick Base: VKB GFIII

Joystick Grips: VKB MCG Pro

Throttles: VPC MongoosT-50 CM

VR: Oculus Rift S

I'll assume CASE I. Call "Inbound" to Marshal 50 NM from the boat, call "See you at 10" when you're 10 NM away from the ship, enter into a 5 NM diameter orbit over the ship (left side) at or above 2,000 ft, wait for the Approach to say "<side number> .... BRC is YYY, signal is Charlie". After that, go for the CASE I approach and when you turn to final, at 0.75 NM from the boat, select the Ball Call from the comms menu (there is also a keybind for it, so you don't have to fiddle with the menu).

thank you!

I'll search menu

Once you call See you at 10 to the Marshall, it will say “Update state switched off”, and then when you’re in pattern with the ship as above, it will call the approach officer with call sign and number, angels/altitude and fuel state. Then tower replies as an example “305, Tower, Roger. BRC is 309, signal is Charlie”. Which is then when you’re cleared to do your pattern approach.

thanks I'll see

my key question come to my mind because I saw "no proper communiation" after I landed on deck

I don't know how to communicate to erase "no proper ....."

That's all fine and dandy if you're coming back solo and there's no traffic nearby but when there are other aircraft inbound for recovery there's a bunch of other commands. Note, this was probably added after a few of the latest updates. it is August 7 2020 so more options in comms may have been added.

Either way I'm just as confused. I can't get "see you at 10" when I'm inbound with a wingman or if there are other aircraft in the stack.

So going off that, what is the correct order of communications. "See you at 10" is when it's just you by yourself and then it's fairly simple to communicate but it's not that easy when you're not alone.

Appreciate for reply and those information