Its probably been asked before but....

Guest Frenchy702

Guest Frenchy702

apologies for perhaps annoying everyone with a repeated question...

but i am currently running vista 32bit, considering upgrading to vista 64 bit....

i also planned on using my other hard drive to install XP 64 bit..

bearing in mind i play Lock On like my life depends on it, and i look forward to black shark in a way bordering on insanity:pilotfly:..........i was curious what everyone thought would be the best way to go to fully enjoy black shark when released.. Eg, what do you beta tester guys use??

What would you guys do??

Thanks in advance and apologies if this topic annoys anyone

all the best to you all

french702 out.

I bet they'll say: "Wait till the sim is out or near release and you know the requirements etc for sure" ;) but I'm also curious..

I had a go with Vista 64bit a few months ago and spent a weekend trying to get my games to run on it (some did, some did'nt), in the end I was just annoyed by the "cancel or allow" thing and many other things. I'll upgrade at some point ofcourse, but certainly not now.

For sure they'll make it run nice on both Vistas though I believe.

Guest Frenchy702

yeah i hope so. im not sure if everyone is like it, but im always trying to squeeze more fps out of my system, and all i read is xp is faster than vista/64 is faster than 32, even when running a 32bit program, blah blah... i just need a way forward lol..

hehe.. I also like to try and squeeze the most out of my system, but Vista was just too much hassle for me, it's probably much better now though. I've been thinking about giving it a go again..

One of the beta testers said he runs the sim fine with an AMD x2 4400+ and an nvidia 7950[insert 2 or 3 letters here] and 1 or 2 gb's ram, I can't be quoted on that though..

IIRC they mentioned in the same thread that intel processors were generally better for DCS (right now), or maybe they meant they are generally better in general :P Wish I could remember the thread..

It made me feel good because I have an AMD x2 4400+ also, and some 8600 card.

But I plan to mostly run this sim on a quadcore macpro where I work (best "pc" and mac there ever were :thumbup: ).

you can run it on a mac?

Yes and no.

You cannot run BS under OSX - but since a Mac uses the same hardware as a PC these days, you can install Windows on a Mac.

You can then of course run any Windows program you choose, including Black Shark.

It's an expensive way of getting there, but if you already have a Mac . . .

Regarding the original question - I know some testers are running Vista, but I don't know about the 64-bit question. Wait and see on that one.

Are the driver issues starting to be solved with Vista 64-bit?

I'm using windows vista x64 and Service Pack 1 installed. Except sound issue and rare crashing problem, LO works quite well. If you have fast CPU and a lot of RAM, I suggest you to move Vista 64bit version. Because 64bit technologies using much more RAM than 32bit version for PCI devices addressing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS