[CORRECT AS IS]Cannot move TGP cursor to search or TMS up to switch to point track

BlueAngel

Can someone explain to me how to do this? It's just not working anymore.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

i have the same problem, i can't aquire target with area track or point track, TMS up is not working properly. I can move tgp from the steerpoint but i can't lock anymore.

DCS 2.5.6 Open Beta - F-18C, F-14B, F-16C, Av-8b, A-10C, Uh-1h, SA-342, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50 Modules

Persian Gulf Map, Nevada Training Map

ALIENWARE AREA-51 INTEL

Intel I9-9940X - Nvidia 2080Ti 11Gb - 32GB RAM - 4TB SSD

Oculus Rift S - FULL VIRPIL SETUP: T50CM2 throttle, T50cm2 Base and Grip, ACE2 Rudder

even the tgp zoom doesn't work. I can swap from narrow to wide view, but no more zoom levels.

DCS 2.5.6 Open Beta - F-18C, F-14B, F-16C, Av-8b, A-10C, Uh-1h, SA-342, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50 Modules

ALIENWARE AREA-51 INTEL

Oculus Rift S - FULL VIRPIL SETUP: T50CM2 throttle, T50cm2 Base and Grip, ACE2 Rudder

With TGP format SOI and TGP slaved to STPT (crosshairs will be wider than normal). Press TMS forward or TMS right to go into point or area track respectively. Use the pinky control on the SCC to alternate between WIDE and NARO FOV. Use the RNG knob on the throttle to adjust the digital zoom between 0Z and 9Z.

With TGP format SOI and TGP slaved to STPT (crosshairs will be wider than normal). Press TMS forward or TMS right to go into point or area track respectively. Use the pinky control on the SCC to alternate between WIDE and NARO FOV. Use the RNG knob on the throttle to adjust the digital zoom between 0Z and 9Z.

thanks a lot................... but it doesn't work.

ALIENWARE AREA-51 INTEL

OK, you're getting unlucky because you're carrying only AGM-65 and gun. DCS is being too restrictive on TGP control with regard to Maverick. EO VIS should not lock down the TGP like it does post-desiganate and EO BORE should work almost exactly like EO PRE and not be locked down ever. Non-Maverick visual AG delivery modes (aka DTOS STRF CCIP CCIP-rockets) says "TGP slaved to pipper LOS for ranging" in the manual and it also can't be used for mark pointing so it sounds like that's always. It's a bit of a glitch that you were able to have TGP pointed at STPT while in such modes at all. It's supposed to be slaved to pipper/aiming box. If you refresh the TGP it will stick to the visual pipper like it should.

EO VIS pre-designate, TGP slaved to SPI (aiming box?)

EO VIS post-designate, TGP should be slewable (DCS locks it)

EO BORE, DCS locks down TGP, wrong behavior

EO PRE, allows TGP control as expected

CCIP, TGP should slave to pipper and any sticking to STPT is a bug

CCIP-rockets, TGP should slave to pipper and any sticking to STPT is a bug

STRF, TGP should slave to pipper and any sticking to STPT is a bug

CCRP, allows TGP control as expected

DTOS pre-designate, TGP slaved to SPI (aiming box?)

DTOS post-designate, TGP should be slewable

I think that even if you don't designate from HUD in DTOS/EO VIS but you TGP SOI and command track it should establish SPI but I'm not 100% sure. Certainly it must be possible to slew TGP in EO VIS because otherwise EO VIS TGP automatic handoff would be impossible.

In short for visual AG modes for weapons other than Maverick you're out of luck, TGP is slaved to pipper (unless there's some functionality otherwise in the fancy USAF version). EO should have use of TGP in all three modes but DCS limits it to EO PRE for some reason. That's something to fix. And the TGP getting slaved to STPT in those visual modes is also something to fix.