[WIP] SD10 goes pitbull earlier than AIM120 while maintaining TWS track

Kumabit

Based on my tests, the AIM120 will go pitbull from 7 nmi from the target at Mach 2.48. The SD-10 will go pitbull from 9 nmi from target at Mach 3.5.

I was maintaining the same altitude and Mach 1.0 speed, so based on this test, the SD-10 goes pitbull earlier than the AIM-120.

Are they modeled based on time to react or distance from target?

The Tacview files are attached. I am in the red and I started defending as soon as the RWR ringed.

Update: Based on further tests, it seems like the AIM-120 and the SD-10 both have around 14-15 seconds time to react.

Missile_test.zip

Based on my tests, the AIM120 will go pitbull from 7 nmi from the target at Mach 2.48. The SD-10 will go pitbull from 9 nmi from target at Mach 3.5.

I was maintaining the same altitude and Mach 1.0 speed, so based on this test, the SD-10 goes pitbull earlier than the AIM-120.

Are they modeled based on time to react or distance from target?

The Tacview files are attached. I am in the red and I started defending as soon as the RWR ringed.

Update: Based on further tests, it seems like the AIM-120 and the SD-10 both have around 14-15 seconds time to react.

Why do 2 different missiles from 2 different manufacturers from 2 different countries have to have the same pitbull limits?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • uboats changed the title to [WIP] SD10 goes pitbull earlier than AIM120 while maintaining TWS track