Re-zipping a *.miz file

Hi all,

in chasing down a problem with new snap view settings not working in my old missions, I discovered the reason. The *.miz files include a Config/View/ directory and are saving both the SnapViews.lua and SnapViewsDefault.lua as they were defined when the mission was originally saved. Because of this, any time I refly the mission, my new snap views as defined in my local Saved Games/Config/View are ignored. Re-saving the mission makes no difference. Since some of my missions are quite involved and I don't want to recreate from scratch, I'm looking for the way to unzip the *.miz file, remove those previously defined snapview files, and rezip the file. I've been able to unzip the mission file with 7zip but haven't been able to properly re-zip the files into a mission.miz that DCS will load.

I've searched the forums and can't find the answer. Could someone please point me to the way to properly rezip a mission .miz file?

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

I use WinRar to edit the miz files directly .. you can delete the config and views folders from within the Miz file without explicitly decompressing/compressing.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I was using 7zip to extract and recompress and it didn't work. Opened in WinRar, deleted the Config dir and resaved and now the mission loads using my current snapviews.

Thanks Rudel_chw :thumbup:

• Like 1

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

I was using 7zip to extract and recompress and it didn't work. Opened in WinRar, deleted the Config dir and resaved and now the mission loads using my current snapviews.

Thanks Rudel_chw :thumbup:

The same can be done with 7zip, just to let you know.

Wysłane z mojego MI MAX 3 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Oh, when I did it the first time in 7zip DCS didn't recognize the mission...may have been because I didn't just delete Config and resave but extracted and tried to recreate the compressed file...

Oh, when I did it the first time in 7zip DCS didn't recognize the mission...may have been because I didn't just delete Config and resave but extracted and tried to recreate the compressed file...
No, the reason was, that you recompressed the files instead of editing the archive in place preserving compression settings the game recognizes.

• Like 1

No, the reason was, that you recompressed the files instead of editing the archive in place preserving compression settings the game recognizes.

That's what I meant :smilewink:

Yup, sorry, I misread that

No worry, it's all good :smilewink: