[USER ERROR] HUD Heading Error

Redragefun

Hi, when I do a cold start the heading at the top of the HUD rolls with the aircraft. By this I mean, if I am flying at a bearing of 90, due east, then roll the aircraft without moving the nose in a different direction, just a simple aileron roll, the HUD Heading will spin around. If I do turn, then the heading first turns with the roll of the aircraft, then also with the turn. So if I roll 45 degrees, then the heading in the HUD will change 45 degrees, before I actually swing the nose around. The result is that I can never tell what heading I will come out at when I stop the turn. I have to make a series of turns to get the proper heading that I want.

I don't remember this happening previously, this started happening about a week ago. Please note, that right now I am suffering other problems with DCS and am still trying to sort it out but the game is unstable so this could be related to the instability issues I am having elsewhere. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen.

Ah, yes I do a full INS alignment, but at the bottom of the HUD I do see "horizon secour", I just had no idea what that meant. I have seen lines, vertical lines, at the bottom of the HUD, so I must be putting it into the wrong mode, somehow. Thank you!

In normal operation, the GCS (Backup Gyroscope) must be in the middle position, which means that the standby gyroscope is powered but in standby.

Oh, gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. One of my first flights, I did not lock the canopy and wondered why, after pulling a hard g maneuver in a canyon, the jet suddenly became very loud. Took me a minute to realize the canopy was gone. Whoops. So, off I go, into the hard, hard ground once again. But at least I crash with style.