Fuel management

Oldfox

Hi there!

Enjoying being back on warbirds after some time on jets, but I have some questions about the fuel management of the Spit.

I looked at Chuck's guide and it doesn't seem to work as expected, or maybe I missed something?

When climbing high I would be expecting the low pressure light showing and this would be solved by using the "pressurize tank" cock.

Instead of that the engine just shut down without any warning and the pressurize tank cock moved to ON doesn't solve anything. In fact I can only get the engine back using the electrical fuel pump.

So is this the normal use of that fuel pump? Getting fuel to the engine at high altitudes?  And so what is the function on the pressurize tank cock?

Thanks!   

Edited by Oldfox

The fuel tank "pressure system" does not provide sufficient pressure to re-gain lost pressure (when yellow light is on). So the wooble hand pump or el. booster pump must be used to re-gain pressure. (do not know if it was IRL or it is only DCS feature)

To avoid it, switch ON the "pressurize tank" cock before you reach altitude when fuel pressure will be lost or left el. booster pump ON during whole flight except part when you fly on fuel from the external fuel tank, if is used.

Edited by saburo_cz

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Yes, the electric pump is there only to draw fuel from internal fuel tank.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |