Warthog Stick TMS Switch Replacement

McG

I've noticed the TMS Switch on my Warthog has become damaged and it will only move in an upwards direction. 

Not sure what is causing this. 

Firstly, can the switch thumb cover be removed to see if the actual switch still works? 

Secondly, is there a recommended replacement for this switch? Otto or otherwise. 

Mark

You can take the grip apart and pop the sucker out from the back to investigate further. You can easily disassemble the switch unit itself and see if the little tact switches inside are damaged or there's a mechanical problem. Thrustmaster support may be able to help out with a replacement if you can't fix the tacts (or mechanics) yourself, otherwise you could drop in an OTTO T4-CK1112. I've swapped out all hat switches on my grip with OTTOs so let me do a write up on that - perhaps it is useful for you

Edit: Here we go: A-10C (Warthog) grip: full OTTO hat switch upgrade

Edited by DeadMeat

Thanks DeadMeat.

I've disassembled the joystick and discovered that the problem is the switch itself has been knocked off centre, causing the housing to become jammed as it was sitting lower on one side at the front. 

I've contacted thrustmaster to get a quote for a replacement switch. 

• 4 weeks later...

Initially I only needed a replacement TMS switch but now may also require a replacement Trim switch as the left trim button is not being recognised. I finally got a quote from Thrustmaster now that they’re UK online shop has re-opened for the replacement switches. 

Trim switch: €25.77 + €5 Brexit surcharge + 20% UK VAT

TMS switch: €22.02 + €5 Brexit surcharge + 20% UK VAT

Slow shipping: €8.63

Express shipping: €16.81

This is not far off 50% of the cost of buying a new grip.