Mission 9: Possible issue with completion triggers?

Martyn

Hello. After being stuck on mission 9 a while back (no fault of the campaign, just my own ineptitude and/or bad luck), I finally picked up this campaign again to push past it.

This time events went as follows:

Spoiler

When the MiG-31s start to approach, for once I thought discretion was the better part of valour and chose the radio option to bug out, since I have been shot down 6 or 7 times previously and had never managed to complete the mission. As instructed, I headed towards Kutaisi and eventually the MiG-31s turned cold and left. My wingman had been shot down by a SAM while chasing the Mi-8s a little earlier.

After this point, no more instructions were received and it wasn't clear what I should have done next to complete the mission? I didn't fancy backtracking to my last waypoint just to see if I needed to hit a trigger there.

I landed (though I realised later that I hadn't extend all the way out to the last waypoint, south-west of the airfield) and thankfully passed the mission with a result of 60, so can go on to the next mission, but I didn't get the 'success' notification as normally happens. Unless that only triggers at a score of 100?

Great campaign so far in any case, thanks! 😀

• 1 year later...
В 20.12.2020 в 17:05, feefifofum сказал:

We must have just missed adding a success message for that particular option...I'll make sure to add that in to a future update.

Confirm bug. 

Still no success message. 95% of progress. Message RTB was recieved after engaging Mi8. Wingman alive, both landed in Kutaisi. 

Edited by суховей

Hello суховей!

The "RTB" message is considered "mission success" as far as the scoring is concerned. I will double check the text message again however.

In order to score 100% (perfect score) the player must shoot down all eight red helos as well as the pair of MiG-31s, if memory serves. The campaign should progress with any score higher than 50%.

Edited by feefifofum

19 часов назад, feefifofum сказал:

In order to score 100% (perfect score) the player must shoot down all eight red helos as well as the pair of MiG-31s, if memory serves. The campaign should progress with any score higher than 50%

Thanks for the quick response! 
There were three groups of two Mi8 helicopters in the mission (6 helos). Destroyed them all. Two Mig 31s crashed into the mountains while I was dealing with the Mi-8s. 

But the final mission score was 95%.
I continued the campaign with 95% as well, just wish I had 100%).

Edited by суховей

• 2 weeks later...

Understood. The issue then is likely the MiGs crashed before they could be "scored" as kills. I'll see if I can whip those guys into shape, staying on top of the AI is a constant battle 🙂

If you happen to have a track or an .ACMI of the prior attempt where the Foxhounds crashed, I'd love to take a look.

• 2 months later...
В 30.11.2022 в 09:24, feefifofum сказал:

Understood. The issue then is likely the MiGs crashed before they could be "scored" as kills. I'll see if I can whip those guys into shape, staying on top of the AI is a constant battle 🙂

If you happen to have a track or an .ACMI of the prior attempt where the Foxhounds crashed, I'd love to take a look.

Hi, sorry for the late reply (didn't see your message)
I am attaching the Tacview file of my last mission walkthrough. You can see the MiG-31s crashing in the mountains.

Tacview-20221120-162821-DCS.zip.acmi

Edited by суховей