AI parking on spawn points!

Hi lads, i need some help or some kind of workaround.

I've made a mission, and i wanted it to be a rich environment, planes landing and generally having the skies quite busy.

However i have a problem... i have a number of planes coming into land at the airfield where the multiplayers planes spawn, C130s, AWACS & a tanker all land. These planes then park where the A-10s spawn. Causing much laughter combined with death and destruction on the parking area.

How can i have some control where, either the multiplayer planes spawn or where the AI planes park?

Any help or tips much appreciated.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Pick the Airbases wisely. Certain Airbases have specific areas where AI planes spawn. For the most part though they spawn where the client spawns in at. Your best bet is a little experimentation to figure out where aircraft spawn at and taki to. Off the top of my head I know that Sukhumi, Saki, Kirovskoy, (maybe anapa), Kras-Center should work. You should notice a pattern for how the A/C spawn in at. Anything that doesn't fit in a bunker will spawn where there is sufficient space, shortest path from take-off.

Hope that helps.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks.. its more a problem of AI parking where clients will spawn.

I'm not having any AI spawn at the same base.. just landng at that base. But they then proceed to park where the client planes spawn!

The 1st AI plane to land, parks at the closest bay to the runway.. i.e where the 1st client plane spawns, and so on.

Its annoying... just trying to figure a way around it ;)

EDIT: I think i've figured it out... i'll need to test.

I have 5 large AI planes landing.. these then park where my client A-10s spawn, of which i have 6. If i have the 1st 5 A-10s set to spawn in say 6 hours, or 1 day, and then have the next 6 client A10s spawn at the start it might all work or not. :)

Edited by MadTommy

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

Ok... that didn't work... i suppose i'll just make them jets so they park in hangers :(

I had a similar problem in a mission I made. The only way around this is to change airbases or change the AI aircraft to fighters. I had several transports landing at sukhumi with a few strike aircraft taking off from there too. If you look at that base you should notice that the two main parking areas arn't the same size. The larger aircraft will only park on the NW ramp area. Your client aircraft will spawn on the SE ramp. Unless you change the wind so that a/c are set to take off reverse ILS.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

thanks mate, i'll remember this for future missions, good to know.

Edited by MadTommy

. Unless you change the wind so that a/c are set to take off reverse ILS.

What ground windspeed do you suggest to reverse the ILS ???

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me