Public IP Address Block + Routing for DCS Dedicated Server

Hello everyone! First post here, so I am hoping it's a good one to start out with - I poked around a few days trying to find an answer to this question/problem, but haven't found it yet so here goes:

I recently turned up a DCS Dedicated Server within a network that I have control over. The network has access to the internet via a BLOCK of public IP's (I think we have 14 public IP's within the subnet we own). 

I've setup port forwarding on the firewall that I manage, and everything works fine - I have the ports correctly forwarded, and multiple people can connect to the server from locations all over the world with the IP address and port information that I provide them, HOWEVER...

The server isn't showing up on the public servers list, and I think it's because the "IP Address" of the server is hard-coded into the system (at least - it auto-populates, and there is no way for me to change it in the web GUI), and that IP address is not the same IP that the ports are forwarded to.

I assume the DCS server or GUI is performing some kind of "what's my IP" thing, then auto-populating that field, but I need to enter the IP address myself since it's a few decimals higher than the "standard" IP that all of the internet traffic goes out for the location.

To further explain, here's a brief description of the network scenario:

(INTERNET) <----> (FIREWALL PUBLIC IP 22.10.172.240/28 - PORT FORWARDING SETUP FOR DCS SERVER FOR PUBLIC IP 22.10.172.246/32) <-- --> (Internal Network which houses the DCS Server Machine on a Private IP Address and Subnet) .

I have changed the IP addresses to something generic, but they follow the same format and subnetting as the public IP's that I am actually using - I just didn't want to put my actual public IP's on a forum somewhere...

I believe everything is setup correctly because the server works, I can connect to it, load maps, fly airplanes, and the whole shabang, I just can't see the server on the "Public Servers" list within DCS World.

Any help would be greatly apprecaite!

Thank you, and FLY SAFE!

-TheGovernor

If you are on the same network as the server is hosted on ... you will not see it in the public list, you can use its LAN side IP to connect to it tho and play

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:09 AM, HC_Official said:

If you are on the same network as the server is hosted on ... you will not see it in the public list, you can use its LAN side IP to connect to it tho and play

Thanks for the reply - The DCS Server is only accessible to me over the WAN - it is not on the same subnet as myself (it's actually about 250 miles away). 

I'm really confused as to why this server isn't showing up on the public server lists because I (and several others) can connect to and play on it without any issues.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:) sorry if can't add any help.

However my problem is something different and maybe someone has the fix?
I'm using two computers:one for server dedicated,one for playing the game.
I'm using a Box as a bridge to a modem Netgear.
All ports are forwarded on the modem:10308,8088.
And adressed to the dedicated computer.
As i did the Box like a bridge to modem i can't change the local adresses on the Box.
Box has something like 192.168.0.1 to 254
While the modem has something like 192.168.1.1 to 254
My server dedicated is set whith my IP adress that is the one given by my FAI to my Box and the port setting is 10308.

Server dedicated runs and works fine as i can see on the computer screen 's dedicated to.

It appears in the public list of server in the game on my computer gaming and i can connect on it .

But the something that is weird because is nobody else can view my server in the list and connect even if i give  my IP adress.
i have to say that when i choose the server in the list of the game,the adress pointed is a local  adress IP,and the password is the same as my dedicated server.
My question is :why the adress IP of my server change to local adress dans le jeu,and how could i change it to public adress given from my FAI.
Thanks in advance if someone has a fix.

Edited by cromhunt

• 4 months later...

Not adding any help here... But maybe a similar problem... 

I have a spare computer, that i have clean installed Windows 10, so there is nothing else on it... I installed DCS Open Beta Server... Next was SRS...

So, put the Server online, added its Public IP Address.

I use my Game computer to find it on Multiplayer - everything is fine.

Now, here comes the issue.... 

My friends tell me they cant find it on Multiplayer. I get off the server and all I can see is the Local IP address - not the public one.. 

I re start the Server as in power it down and then re start, Now the public Ip is back and everyone gets online etc...

WHen we finish using the server I jump out to go find it on the Multiplayer list and once again its the local ip address and everyone else cant find it again...

Any idea ???

Im on residential Cox cable running at 950Mb/sec... Im not a Computer person so, this is all greek to me... BUt i dont think i have a static IP... Would this be anything to do with it ???

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...