UH1 Trimming Bug with MS Sidewinder (Force Feedback Joystick)

Go to solution Solved by heloguy,

Hi,

the X-Axis is interpreted inverted if I trim the cyclic at my MS Sidewinder (Force Feedback Joystick). The Y-Axis works correctly.

If I want to trim the stick in e. g. a forward right position, a forward left position gets force free.

Thanks for fixing,

regards,

the goof

• 1 month later...

IIRC, there should be a FFB tune option for each axis under the Huey control options.   You should be able to invert the force there. 

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Am 23.2.2021 um 04:20 schrieb heloguy:

IIRC, there should be a FFB tune option for each axis under the Huey control options.   You should be able to invert the force there. 

Hi, sorry for the late response.
The force in general is in the correct direction. It is just the center (position without force) in x-direction is wrong after trimming.

Am 20.3.2021 um 22:24 schrieb FuzzyDunlop:

Does the original Microsoft sidewinder 3d pro FFB stick work with DCS. thinking of getting one for the FBB for the Huey

yes, I am using an original sidewinder FFB.  The variable force and the trimming (in y-direction, not in x-direction) feels very realistic.

• Solution

The 'force applied' status is when the trim force gradient is holding the stick in place, ie the new center.  The stick 'without force' is while the trim release is depressed, and the stick is easy to move.  The force gradient is the spring loaded feedback holding the stick in place when the trim button is released.

I would try inverting the x-axis force.  It sounds like by DCS default, it's backwards.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

• 2 months later...

Hi @heloguy

thank you very much. I did not find this option within a menu, but within a file:

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Input\UH-1H\joystick\SideWinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick.lua

Changing the configuration to

forceFeedback = {
    invertX        = false,

did the trick. Now I can recommend the SideWinder Force Feedback 2 for the UH1 as a perfect stick for this sim!

🙂

Regards,

the goof

vor 22 Stunden schrieb the goof:

Hi @heloguy

I did not find this option within a menu, but within a file

I just got aware, that the menu gets visible, If I unselect "Foldable view". I thought, this only affects how the entries of the menus are sorted; but some buttons disappear if selected...

• 9 months later...