How to use the Defensive commands F14?

RedeyeStorm

Hello all,

I am trying to get my head around the commands concerning the chaff and flares flying the F14. You have the Countermeasures off/manual/automatic. The setting of the Flare and Chaff programms, the commands for Flare mode norm/multi/pilot and then the Dispense order series of commands.

My observations so far:

When I set Countermeasures auto the aircraft systems are in control of Chaff and they dispense nicely. However I am lost as to what is supposed to happen when I set Flare mode to norm or multi? How do they get dispensed? Jester is  not doing it and the Dispense Order is not doing anything either.

With Flare mode set to norm/multi the pilot DLC button release one chaff at each press. When Flare mode set to pilot the DLC button release one flare. But programms are not used/excecuted.

With countermeasures are set to manual Jester does nothing nor are the Dispense order executed.

So my questions for single player:

1 How do you get chaff and/or flare programmes excecuted?

2 What is the purpose and/or use of the Dispense orders?

3 How does the Countermeasure manual mode function and/or how should it work/be used?

Any help explanation on how the commands should be used or even what they are suposed to do would be greatly appreciated.

RedeyeStorm