Campaign mission 06 - J-P Lambert crashing into the ground following successful CAS run

Althar93

I have been trying to play through mission 06 of the campaign and realised after the arrival of the Hinds and switching back to the main frequency that my character was speaking by himself with no one replying on the other end.

Suspecting the mission broke I exited and reviewed the mission in TacView only to realise that my lead (J-P Lambert) crashed in the ground when turning back from his successful CAS run on the objective.

I have attached the TacView, J-P Lambert will meet his demise at +00:38:53.

I am guessing this is going to be specific to the AI in DCS, but perhaps there is something that can be done about this? 

I will re-attempt the mission again at some point and hopefully it does not occur again after nearly 40 minutes in flight.

Cheers,

M2000_Campaign_Mission_06_Glitch.acmi

Nevermind, I had a closer look at the track and.... J-P Lambert committed unintentional suicide.

Essentially just after releasing the weapons, rather than fly away he decided to make a dive and actually got under his own bombs. I thought the whole point of CCRP was that you could release the weapons at a safe altitude/pitch & you didn't have to get close to your target.

image.png

image.png

In case the images weren't clear, his own bomb hit him in the rear & I guess that must have caused enough damage that he was unable to recover later during the CAS run.

Oh well... DCS AI I guess...

Edited by Althar93
  • Like 1