Virpil CM3 Throttle flaps for A-10ii moving rubbers left/right

Hello I've been trying to figure out why my flaps on my throttle control moves aircraft rubber z(left) / x(right) but its only binded (assigned)to flaps(LShift +F) (F) which also moves at the same time.  Please help anyone who's experienced same issue.   

It will depend on how you've defined the flaps inputs.

Have you assigned virtual buttons to an axis in the Virpil control software (or vice versa: a virtual axis controlled by some buttons)? DCS is very fond of auto-assigning any axes it can find to pitch, roll, and yaw if it detects a device that it is not immediately familiar with. I'm not immediately familiar with how the Virpil control software generates axes by default — presumably to the left/right throttle, the lever, and maybe the throttle dial? If you've used any of those to also output button presses, chances are that the underlying axis definition remains and this is then auto-assigned by DCS to the rudder movement.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

I've  set up axis/buttons for the throttle flaps 3 buttons. I can move the flaps on the A10 move in the three stages. But rubbers also moves left and right.. Do i need to set up curves on the flaps.

No you don't need to set curves on the flaps. But you need to remove the assignment in the Axis category.

In the A-10C II Real configuration there are only 2 commands for the flaps: "Flaps Up" and "Flaps Down". How did you manage to get all three positions (up/takeoff/landing) mapped?

BTW, it rudders not rubbers, in case it was'nt autocorrection kicking in.

Edited by tintifaxl
  • Like 1

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

In the VPC Configuration tool u have Axis to button (predefined range).. I set for flaps (0-20%) (41-60%) (81-100%). But the problem was there already.. I just set thinking it would fix the problem of the rudder moving also.. Also there's a tutorial on advanced setting..  

But my curves show disabled in the VPC..

That's fine — assuming you're using the little side lever, you shouldn't have any curves on it to begin with because just about anything you'd want to bind to it will want as linear an axis as possible.

No, as tintifaxl says, this is most likely  more a case of DCS being over-enthusiastic in applying default binds to an unknown device. Go into the axis assign page for the aircraft and unbind everything there that you're not explicitly using (the “clear category” button will work well for this). It's a common source of ghost input and random flight oddities that some stray axis input from whatever is being picked up as an unwanted axis bind. Remove them all, leave only things like pitch, roll, thrusters, rudders, and toe brakes on devices that actually correspond to those inputs.

You probably can undefine the axis in the VPC software, but that's unnecessary to solve this issue,. and also screws you over for using the aircraft that do offer analogue flaps controls (but for those, you'll want to do the opposite and make sure the corresponding buttons are not bound to anything). So leave that as it is and just clean up the bind screen in DCS.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧