Tech problems

Hello guys, I just got lock on and flaming cliffs and I have several issues with the game locking up.

Whenever I get to a loading screen (not the one you get when you launch the game), the game occasionally locks up and I can only quit the game using ctrl+alt+del. The game also always locks up when I try and take control of the aircraft during training.

My specs: Q6600, 8800 GTX, 4 GB RAM, 620 GB HDD space.

I am using windows vista home premium 32 bit.

Welcome to the Lock On community!

Have you patched to the latest version? If you have not done so, go get the Lock On Flaming Cliff Patch version 1.12b here:

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=135&scr=products&lang=en

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Video Driver options are set wrong, or your graphics/sounds/etc settings are set too high, drop you setting to low and start from there..

:music_whistling:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

you don't need 8xAA.. 4 is enough... also if game crashed/locks up randomly like that I'm suspecting your system not being stable... either PSU bit overloaded or CPU/RAM not having enough voltage (again if you're not overclocking that would most likely be due to PSU)

No longer active in DCS...

you got latest DirectX and try reinstalling graphics driver... don't really know what it is, you're gonna have to try anything and everything to see if it helps... reinstall the game (make sure you got the right patch installed)... try different drivers... graphics settings... etc... if you're not overclocking and your whole system is at default I doubt it's PSU issue then as 750W is enough for your system.

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

I still have the loading screen problem... Havent tried taking control in a tutorial yet but that isn't very important for me, I just want to be able to load missions without the fear of the game freezing up.

I just tried disabling the driver AA, and now the loading screens freeze all the time. Tried using driver AA again, still freeze...

Edited by alont