Do you need a dedicated server

21 hours ago, Thumper1911 said:

I am unable to see my friends server.   

Has something changed in dcs?   I can’t seem to connect machine to machine anymore

Nothing has changed on this, self host with your DCS client a mission to play CO-OP is still possible. Just make sure the same important rules/best practices:

1. DCS must be the same exact version ( it can happens that you can fly on the same server with different version, but it's not recommended ) Current openbeta is: 2.5.6.61527.3 at 2021.04.05
  2. DCS client that act as server/host must have a public IP address, not NATTED by its provider
  3. On Modem/Router of DCS client that act as server/host must be configured the port forwarding to the internal LAN IP of the computer  ( default is 10308 TCP and UDP )
  4. DCS client that act as server/host must add exception to allow traffic on its firewall.

Make sure you've verified all the above steps.
We use this function almost daily and we don't have any problem.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!