Material nightmare!

OldCrow

Ok, I really need some help on this one. Heres my prob:

When I assign a multimaterial to an object that is fnished unwraped, it wont show up in the lockon model viewer, the object dissapears! And heres the funny thing, I tested this before I did the rest of the unwraping to make sure lockon could handle multimaterials, and that worked with no prob. The reason I wanna use multimaterial is so I can assign the textures by material id. Anyone know how to solve this prob? Does lockon support using material id? Is there another way of using material id where u dont use multimaterials?

yea, thats what i feared. thanx for the help

So I guess I'll have to find another way. I want to have two texture for one fuselage, how do I accieve this with using standard materials? If im not totaly wrong, you can only have one material assigned to one object at the time, and standard materials can only have one texture. So, to have two texture files for one object, how can I do that? Do I have to devide the fuselage into two parts?

I've heard that LO supports only standard material.

Confirmed.

From the ReadMe file that comes with the 3DS Max plug in:

"Adjusting in the 3ds max 7

In utilities panel you can press Configure Button Sets and select Eagle Dynamics Plugins and LOMUtils.

Use

NOTE:

LOMAC tools working with standard materials only. Not us any complex material.

Glass for aircrafts and vehicles assign in the LOMUtils in the Material Type section. Please use CanopyGlass for any type of glasses."

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Copy, thanx ;)

Ok, so how do I have two textures for one fuselage? Do I have to devide the fuselage into two parts? Forexample the stock su-27 has one texturefile where the back of the fuselage is mapped, then another texture file that the nose is mapped on. So How to do that?

Thanx for all answers so far:thumbup:

Yes split the fuselage in two and if it breaks the smoothness you’ll have to edit normals.

You can have many objects with the same material but you can’t have more than one material IDs assigned to one object for lom models.

• Like 1

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

No problems.

As you can see the original object was divided into two separate objects in this scene.

Notice how it has effected the shading.

Editmormals.jpg

You can explore the normals editing by unifying the handles etc and see the effects.

• Like 1

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.