Really need this info!!!

rattler

How do I put hanger 1, hanger 2 and hanger 3 in the mission editor drop down list. I have them in temptexture and structable.sht but what must I do to have them in the mission editor drop down list so they can be choosen for static objects at airbases. Guy's I really need to understand how to do this. I think they have to go into the ME file under fortifications(my guess) but how do you generate the clsid for them. Or is there another way to have them in the drop down list. Please give me some help with this.

Rattler:helpsmilie:

Hello Rattler,

Yes you got it right - you need to add them under "fortifications" in the Meinit.

Remember that this needs to be done in two places in the Meinit - in the general "fortifications" list and again in the fortifications list under each country for which you want particular objects to be available.

You can generate the necessary CLSIDs by using this utility:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=20399

• Like 1

JJ

Alfa

Thank you my friend. I have never used this utility before so if a need a question answered, would you be so kind as to reply. I will try a figure it out on my own but I am have a question or two or I may get it right but to know you are there if I need you would be greatly appreciated. Cheers and thanks very much for replying to my request!!!

rattler:thumbup:

Alfa Help

I did what you said and they appear in the drop down list but they do not show when put into the game although it show something is there. Put them in fortifications for World id15 and for Russia and USA according to the format that I saw for each place. Any Ideas?:helpsmilie:

Alfa

No sir, I can't get the hanger mod. I had a computer problem and lost both.

I downloaded the "set 0507 lofc scenery mod merzifon v1-3 and got them out of world/shapes. The hangers and the destr. lom's were there and then I copied the hanger 1,2 and 3 from the sturctable.sht file and copied them into my structable.sht file. Then I generated the clsid's with the download and followed the format for them in the meint file. Similar to the ALS mod, name hanger 1,2 and 3 under world id15 then the format for adding them to Russia and USA. You may be right, they may not be the proper .lom files but I thought grandsurf used tomcatz's hanger file when he built that mod. Any ideas? I have loreload and tree shader and parking_area2.1. Reason for not using grandsurf's mod is that it is not compatible with some of the modes I have installed and Merzifon, if I go there locks my computer.

Edited by rattler

Ok the reason I asked is because you said that there appeared to be "something there", but that it wasn't visible.......sometimes people place the object incorrectly in the Max viewports causing the object to be burried under ground in the game :) .

Its difficult to say, because it could be down to many different things - perhaps you could post a screen shot of what you get when placing the objects in a mission.

I suspect that the problem could be incompatibility with one of the mods you say you have installed, but it could also be something with the structtable.sht......btw did you get any error messages from Lock-on at start-up? :) .

JJ

Alfa

No smooth entry into the sim. Got a question. In the structtable .sht it gives it a class name of "lStandartStructure", I did not use this instead I used hanger1,2 and 3 that said username. Would this be the problem.

Update: Tried changing name, no good. Looked at all 3 hangers in .lom and all are correctly modeled. Added hangers1 - 3 to all fortifications, I think 15 in all, still no luck.

Edited by rattler

No smooth entry into the sim.

What I want to know is whether you get an error dialog like; "Could not locate shape file..." during game start-up? ;) .

When you modify an *.sht file you create a mis-match with the contents of your existing Shapes.bin file, which will cause the above mentioned error message at game load-up.

You must delete your "Shapes.bin" file after modifying an *.sht file - the game will then automatically create a new one at start-up based on the new contents of the *.sht files.

Got a question. In the structtable .sht it gives it a class name of "lStandartStructure", I did not use this instead I used hanger1,2 and 3 that said username. Would this be the problem.

Yes more than likely :D .

The class name refers to a fixed set of object types, that tells the game how to handle it.

"Username" on the other hand can be whatever you like. It just refers to a name that will be displayed for the object(e.g. as destroyed in mission debriefing) in case the object isn't in the Meinit - e.g. a SAM missile is not listed in the meinit, so the name as displayed in-game is the one stated for the object in the associated *.sht file.

Edited by Alfa

JJ

Alfa,

I get no error message, sim loads perfect. I will try the delete shapes.bin.

Update; Deleted shapes.bin but before that I replaced the username in the meint file. checked to format with others, looks ok. Still no go. Here is what I get when I run the sim. Again no error message of any kind.

Edited by rattler

Hmm it surprises me a bit that you never got any error message before deleting the shapes.bin.

When you modified the structtable.sht did you leave a (renamed)back-up version in the Bazar folder?

Occassionally the game will continiue to load from the original file although it has been renamed, so make sure to remove it from the Bazar folder entirely - e.g. moving it to your desktop.

JJ

Alfa

Yes, that is what I did. Tried something else so I will delete this one as I have the other saved and try again. I think it is the shape that is giving us the problem as I don't know what he may have called the shape. He may not of used hanger 1,2 and 3. The other shape was the default shape in the example at the top of the structtable.sht file. Have to find out some how what he used as a shape name. the .loms look perfect in the viewer. Cheers. Let you know how I make out again, later today. You can check later tonight or when ever, I know you must be busy and I appreciate you sticking with me on this!!!!

rattler

The shape name = name of the *.lom file :) .

Anyway, it is quite difficult for me to figure out what could be wrong, as I don't know exactly what you did.

If you like I could take a look at your files and see if I can figure out what might be wrong.

Just make a zip file containing your;

- structtable.sht

- meinit.xml

- lom file of one of the objects you want to add to the game

....and then attach it to a post here.

Edited by Alfa

JJ

Ok Alfa,

Here is what you have requested. Sure hope this helps. Nothing says I have not missed seeing something and four eyes are better than two. Thanks again for sticking with me, you don't know how much this means to me for you to help out like this, appreciated does not do it justice!!!!

rattler

Ok ratttler - I have looked through your files and made some changes(files attached).

You are right that it looked pretty good, but I did find one error(in red) with your structtable.sht entries:

// Hangar2

shape

{

file = "hangar2";

desrt = "hangar2";..

The "destr=" line refers to the shape file for the object in its destroyed state - namely the entry you made immedeately below:

}

shape

{

file = "hangar2destr";

desrt = "self";

}

Apart from correcting this I also simplified the entries - using an existing entry("airfield building") as basis. I think several of the lines in your entries were unnecessary for the type of objects you want to add and removing those lines at least helps to minimize possible problems. In fact I don't even think the "index =" is necessary....several entries in the structtable have no index number stated for them.

I also looked through your meinit, but apart from "cleaning it up" a little, I didn't see any need to change anything. I did notice an "ALS" entry among the fortifications though, which looked faulty to me......the CLSID has incorrect format(one additional character), but I don't know if this can cause problems.

Anyway, give it a try and see how it goes :) .

Thanks again for sticking with me, you don't know how much this means to me for you to help out like this, appreciated does not do it justice!!!!

NP mate - my pleasure :) .

Cheers,

Edited by Alfa

JJ

Ok ratttler - I have looked through your files and made some changes(files attached).

You are right that it looked pretty good, but I did find one error(in red) with your structtable.sht entries:

// Hangar2

shape

{

file = "hangar2";

desrt = "hangar2";..

The "destr=" line refers to the shape file for the object in its destroyed state - namely the entry you made immedeately below:

}

shape

{

file = "hangar2destr";

desrt = "self";

}

Apart from correcting this I also simplified the entries - using an existing entry("airfield building") as basis. I think several of the lines in your entries were unnecessary for the type of objects you want to add and removing those lines at least helps to minimize possible problems. In fact I don't even think the "index =" is necessary....several entries in the structtable have no index number stated for them.

I also looked through your meinit, but apart from "cleaning it up" a little, I didn't see any need to change anything. I did notice an "ALS" entry among the fortifications though, which looked faulty to me......the CLSID has incorrect format(one additional character), but I don't know if this can cause problems.

Anyway, give it a try and see how it goes :) .

NP mate - my pleasure :) .

Cheers,

The ALS works perfect. They are HAUF_074's Approach lights and they work great.

Thanks for all your help. trying out the download now. Will let you know how it turns out. Hope you found the problem. I said four eyes were better than 2. After looking so long it all blends in. Cheers and thanks a million.

Update: Tried everything and still no go. Delete shapes.bin when I added your structtable.sht. Question on the meint file. Under fortifications for the countries it says hanger1, hanger2 and hanger3, I noticed you put a space in the structtable.sht should those lines read hanger 1, hanger 2 and hanger 3?

Edited by rattler

The ALS works perfect. They are HAUF_074's Approach lights and they work great.

Ok so the CLSID probably isn't a problem then - even so I would change it to the proper format :) .

Update: Tried everything and still no go. Delete shapes.bin when I added your structtable.sht.

Strange.

Make sure to: remove any existing structtable.sht from the Bazar folder, delete the Shapes.bin and remove any existing Meinit.xml from the ME folder - before placing the new files into the folders.

Question on the meint file. Under fortifications for the countries it says hanger1, hanger2 and hanger3, I noticed you put a space in the structtable.sht should those lines read hanger 1, hanger 2 and hanger 3?

No :) . If you look in the Meinit general fortifications list, you can see that the lines have both a "Name =" and a "ShapeName=" - the former is just for display purposes(corresponding to the "username =" in the structtable.sht), while the latter is the name of the actual 3D shape file(corresponding to the "file =" in the structtable.sht)....

<Fortification CLSID="{89404106-D3B4-4c9a-9F37-9B671DFC69A5}" Name="Hanger 3" Rate="100" ShapeName="hanger3"/>

<Fortification CLSID="{FFA5B1DE-8382-4cc2-B535-5917DA2FABD5}" Name="Hanger 2" Rate="100" ShapeName="hanger2"/>

<Fortification CLSID="{3005D09C-7308-4efb-8EBA-CF3C833EB930}" Name="Hanger 1" Rate="100" ShapeName="hanger1"/>

<Fortification CLSID="{71AC463C-310A-41ce-B7E7-0000000000001}" Name="ALS" Rate="100" ShapeName="ALS"/>

<Fortification CLSID="{71AC463C-310A-41ce-B7E7-923AC3CA5EDC}" Name=".Block" Rate="100" ShapeName="block"/>

<Fortification CLSID="{B54053A8-B054-4a0b-871C-6DDA65ED90EF}" Name=".Block on road" Rate="100" ShapeName="block-onroad"/>

<Fortification CLSID="{20A1B146-07C6-4ee6-851C-DBBC92135446}" Name=".Bunker" Rate="100" ShapeName="dot"/>

<Fortification CLSID="{2848C193-6789-472c-8430-AF3D739BB6C8}" Name=".Pill-box" Rate="100" ShapeName="dot2"/>

<Fortification CLSID="{64DE4673-7D3E-424f-AB29-F4336AC38F98}" Name=".Command Center" Rate="100" ShapeName="ComCenter"/>

<Fortification CLSID="{85D3DBF2-05DF-48e1-9C49-FD104E65A76E}" Name=".Ammunition depot" Rate="100" ShapeName="SkladC"/>

<Fortification CLSID="{7c822c60-9885-4a44-8add-b87511ff0fc5}" Name="Hangar A" Rate="100" ShapeName="angar_a"/>

....while under countries the name refers to the ShapeName only:

<Fortification CLSID="{89404106-D3B4-4c9a-9F37-9B671DFC69A5}">hanger3</Fortification>

<Fortification CLSID="{FFA5B1DE-8382-4cc2-B535-5917DA2FABD5}">hanger2</Fortification>

<Fortification CLSID="{3005D09C-7308-4efb-8EBA-CF3C833EB930}">hanger1</Fortification>

<Fortification CLSID="{71AC463C-310A-41ce-B7E7-0000000000001}">ALS</Fortification>

<Fortification CLSID="{71AC463C-310A-41ce-B7E7-923AC3CA5EDC}">Block</Fortification>

<Fortification CLSID="{B54053A8-B054-4a0b-871C-6DDA65ED90EF}">Block on road</Fortification>

<Fortification CLSID="{20A1B146-07C6-4ee6-851C-DBBC92135446}">Block2</Fortification>

<Fortification CLSID="{2848C193-6789-472c-8430-AF3D739BB6C8}">Block3</Fortification>

<Fortification CLSID="{64DE4673-7D3E-424f-AB29-F4336AC38F98}">Block4</Fortification>

<Fortification CLSID="{85D3DBF2-05DF-48e1-9C49-FD104E65A76E}">Block5</Fortification>

<Fortification CLSID="{7c822c60-9885-4a44-8add-b87511ff0fc5}">angar_a</Fortification>

Thats the system anyway and I deliberately changed the usernames in the structtable in order to distinguish these from the shapenames. However, under countries its only the CLSID that matters and stating an incorrect shapename actually makes no differnce :) .

So the problem must be with something else - it sounds like you have followed the proper procedure, so it might be something with your LO install like an incompatibility with a mod or something.

BTW - what application do you use for editing the files?

Edited by Alfa
  • Like 1

JJ

Hang on...

How do I put hanger 1, hanger 2 and hanger 3 in the mission editor drop down list. I have them in temptexture and structable.sht but..

This is a typo.......right? :D .

The *.lom files should be in Bazar\World\Shapes folder(!).....otherwise the game won't be able to locate them.

JJ

Hang on...

This is a typo.......right? :D .

The *.lom files should be in Bazar\World\Shapes folder(!).....otherwise the game won't be able to locate them.

Alfa, sorry must have been a typo, I follow your input instructions as you outlined above to the letter, just noticed the space in the meint file that's all. I use notepad when ever I change anything with the files but when I did the Guid I copied them into a blank document in WordPerfect and pasted them from there. Actually I pasted a copy of one of the fortifications formats , changed it with the generated clsid and added the hanger names, then copied and pasted into the meint file. I can't see where that would have been a problem but who knows. Other wise everything you sent me was input just as you said removed originals after renaming them pasted in your files, then cut the renamed files to a new folder in My Documents in case I needed them back. Never had an issue with putting in mods before. I use modman 6.3 but sometimes you have to insert manually the mod. I am used to being in all those files.Again I usually use notepad to open them up and make changes.Cheers, thanks for all your hard work but this one has me baffled. It should work. They show up perfect in the .lom viewer. This one got me beat so far. I cant't think of anything you have not tried. Wish I could get the original files but have looked and asked with no result. Sorry got the original large hanger that uses the comcenter, etc. to be displayed. Would like to get the smaller hanger but no one seems to have it or if they have, never answered my posts. Kept you long enough, cheers and thanks very much for your help. Deeply appreciated.

Alfa, sorry must have been a typo..

Hehe ok just checking - if you had put the loms into the temptextures folder, the result would be exactly what you experinece :) .

I follow your input instructions as you outlined above to the letter, just noticed the space in the meint file that's all.

Yeah I understand your reasoning, but as explained above that could not be the problem.

I use notepad when ever I change anything with the files but when I did the Guid I copied them into a blank document in WordPerfect and pasted them from there. Actually I pasted a copy of one of the fortifications formats , changed it with the generated clsid and added the hanger names, then copied and pasted into the meint file.

Yeah that procedure is fine - thats also how I do it, but...

I can't see where that would have been a problem but who knows.

...the problem is not with cutting and pasting things into the files, but with saving them afterwards and retaining the initial format. For this reason I highly recommend to use a proper multi editor tool - I use one called "SourceEdit". On occassion I have seen someone making a mod that didn't work for no apparent reason.....then when I replicated it with the original files it worked fine.

Other wise everything you sent me was input just as you said removed originals after renaming them pasted in your files, then cut the renamed files to a new folder in My Documents in case I needed them back.

Yes thats fine.

..this one has me baffled. It should work.

Yup thats the thing - there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the way you do things and the files I sent you should work. Unfortunately I don't have FC installed on my system at the moment, so I couldn't test them for you.

What still baffles me the most is that you said you never had any error messages at FC load-up although you didn't know you had to delete the Shapes.bin after adding contents to the structtable.sht file - it sounds like the game didn't read it at all.....thats why I thought you might have left the original(renamed) one in the Bazar folder.

You could try the whole procedure again(remove old files, delete shapes.bin and add the files I sent you), run the game and then copy the new shapes.bin the game then generates - then attach it to a post here. Then I can take a look at it with a hex editor and see if the changes from the structtable are present in it.

Edited by Alfa

JJ

Alfa:

Ok, this is what I did. Deleted all the required files and the shapes.bin completely. Reinstalled your files just as you sent them. I shut down computer and restarted. Check to make sure no shapes.bin file existed. there was none. I started lockon from the program and not through modman6.3. Opened up a mission I have the hanger 2 installed in. Still no show. I am now going to attach the shapes.bin directly from the lockon program.Sorry have to put it in a zip file, so I will copy it and zip it in a folder. Ok done. I probably did a lot things I did not have to do but you have as clean a shapes.bin file as I can give you. Tried to eliminate as many things that could give a problem. Getting over cautious now, ha ha.

I don't get it...

I couldn't use your files since my install is - well differernt - so I made a quick mod of my own for the Hangar2 and it worked perfectly in the first go.

I placed the hangar(that thing is BIG!) on an airfield, loaded an Su-33 up with bombs and rockets and took off to destroy it - the damage model worked fine as well.

Screens attached.

The hangar appears all white, but thats because I didn't have the textures for it :) .

JJ

Alfa,

UPDATE; ALFA, THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE TEXTURES. ADD TEXTURES AND IT SCREWS UP EVERYTHING ON THE AIRBASE. IT IS THE PARKING_AREA MOD THAT SEEMS TO BE NOT COMPATIABLE WITH SOMETHING IN THE TEXTURES. I GOT IT TO SHOW WHITE. LIKE YOU. THAT GAVE ME THE IDEA TO TRY IT AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM. YOU WERE RIGHT FROM THE START IT HAD TO BE ANOTHER MOD CAUSING THE PROBLEM. GEES, I FEEL BAD FOR PUTTING YOU THROUGH ALL OF THIS FOR NOT. THE PARKING MOD IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE HANGERS. THE HANGERS INTERFER WITH SEVERAL MODS AND I THINK IT HAS TO DO WITH COLOR RENDERING BY THE LOOKS OF THINGS. SORRY FOR PUTTING YOU THROUGH ALL THIS. AT LEAST WE KNOW FOR FUTURE REFERENCE IF NOTHING ELSE. THANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE. MAKES A PERSON FEEL REALLY NICE ABOUT THIS FORUM THAT SOMEONE WOULD DO SO MUCH TO HELP. WE GOT A RESULT JUST NOT THE ONE WE WANTED. CHEERS MY FRIEND.

Edited by rattler