2.7 Crashing at Start

Striyka

A few months ago I loaded a few of the "free to play" modules.

I was going to buy the MI-8 so I left that one installed and have simply been hitting "Skip" at the start when It says to Bind a serial number.

Today I disabled all mods before update.

Updated to 2.7

On start up I get the MI-8 bind popup as usual but after I select "Skip" DCS just disappears and that's it.

I have run the "Repair Tool" both quick and slow modes but get the same issue.

Not sure what else to do??   Could it be the Module causing this?

• ED Team

please remove all unofficial mods and any mods you do not own, then try the repair and test dcs again 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks Bignewy

All unofficial mods have been removed using OVGME.

and I just manually deleted the Mi-8 folder from C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft

I also deleted from registry.

The Mi-8 popup at the start has now gone however DCS still just disappears?

Are there more files I need to delete? 

Im happy to read how to do it if you have any links.

Cheers

• ED Team

just removing the unofficial mods and running a cleanup and repair or verify if steam should be enough

if you still get a crash attach your dcs log from your saved games dcs log folder we will take a look

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I renamed my DCS.openbeta folder in Saved Games.

Ran the DCS updater again and all is good. (It created a new folder in Saved Games

It did popup with several other modules that I downloaded while "free to play" was on and I was able to "skip" each one and load the game.

I have attached the Log Folder as requested.

It had 2 files.

cheers

dcs.log dcs.log.old