Mission 8 Visual Problem

SchneeFee

Hi Guys, i am now on Mission 8, and it seems there is something wrong with the visuals. Pls check out the Screen below. There is absolutly no terrain and the whole lightning looks strange.

Screen_210422_225854.png

Edited by SchneeFee

Last time I checked in DCS 2.7.0 The lighting in the hornet was wrong at night and MFD fonts can be really dim. It's DCS 2.7.0 issues I Think. Haven't checked it with the latest DCS update though.

This is a rendering bug brought by version 2.7, which is a problem of the game itself.

When there is no cloud layer set for a task, there is a certain probability that the exposure will be too large (too many airplanes, too dark environment) during the execution of the game. As I hope to get a brighter night sky in M08, I can't preset clouds for the mission.

At present, the solution I know is to use the editor to open the task, set any preset weather for the task, then run the task, then exit and change the cloud settings back to the default (none), and then run the task to solve this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

For those of us stuck, if there any way to skip mission 8 and continue the campaign as though we successfully completed?

Thanks 👍

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Well THAT's far too simple!!!  😴

Thanks @JG54_NF2!

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod