Help!! Black window bordered white on top

Seeing this window when I try to start DCS... the thing is JUST as I was double-clicking the DCS icon (or right after I had) the power blinked off at my house for about a half second or a full second. When I tried start DCS again this happened. I see the DCS logo for a bit, replaced by that black window- it just hangs there, no sign of DCS starting, I have to go to the task manager to shut it down. Also, when I tried to restart DCS it asked me to log in (i did), I usually don't because I don't play online.

Thanks for any help

Apparently the computer didn't have time to fully close the application during the black-out so you had to kill it with task manager. That happens sometimes when there is a problem during program start-up. For example, it doesn't like it when you start a Windows application while DCS is starting up. You don't normally need to log in because it does an auto-log-in using your remembered credentials. But in reality there is a log-in each time you start the program.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

May or may not be applicable to your situation but after a power outage, it is always a good idea to restart your PC due to process interruption. Power surge and outage are a bane to electronics, hence why UPCs are a wise investment, even if it only gives you 5 extra minutes to close out and shut down before power loss.

If you live in an area where power spikes/loss occurs even semi-regularly, I would highly advise getting some type of battery backup.

If you continue having issues, you may want to verify the install to make sure core files did not get corrupted. Both Steam and standalone installs have a verification process.

For DCS, you have to login for DCS to verify the modules you own, standalone and multi-player.

Some .02 that may help is all.