Kneepad on right monitor?

I've been reading the excellent posts here and I've got comfortable  editing the .lua files in Config, MonitorSetup.

I've been able to set up my monitors, so DCS uses all three, see below:

monitorSetup001.jpg

---

Because I am running DCS World 2.5.6 inside Win 10, inside BOOTCAMP, inside Mac OS X 10.13.6, on a 12 year old Mac, I am finding that I get ~ 20 FPS, if all three screens display the scenery.

So I discovered that I'm getting ~50 FPS  (23 when taking a screen shot ),  if I use the two side screens for the MFCDs and the centre 30" screen, for the plane. I am happy with this frame rate.

So I've set the following up for the F/A-18C module and it seems to work fine, I'll tinker around with the exact size and positions of the MFCDs, but all good so far, see below:

monitorSetup002.jpg

---

Then I thought, "Kneeboard",  and had a go at putting that on the right of the right screen. When I use shift K,  it pops up more or less where I want it, BUT, no matter what numbers I use, even negative numbers,  for the size and position, it resolutely displays, half off the edge of the screen, see below:

monitorSetup003.jpg

---

My questions are;  can I position it, and size it, on the right of the right screen, like the "CENTER_MFCD" is on the left?

Is the .lua file in Config, MonitorSetup the right place for this? Is there additional code I need to put in?

Any ideas?

Please see the contents of the .lua file below:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('C+L+Camera+R-dk');
Description = 'Left and Center MFCD on the left monitor, Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'
Viewports =
{
    Center = 
     {
          x = 1920;
          y = 0;
          width = screen.width - 3840;
          height = screen.height;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = screen.aspect / 2.5;
     }
}

CENTER_MFCD =
{
     x = 130;
     y = 150;
     width = 900;
     height = 900;
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
     x = 1060;
     y = 200;
     width = 800;
     height = 800;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
     x = 4540;
     y = 200;
     width = 800;
     height = 800;
}

KNEEBOARD =
{
        x = 5160;
        y = -200;
        width = 526;
        height = 789;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center
GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

Edited by MNissen

Mac Pro 5,1 (Early 2009) - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB RAM - Radeon RX 590

Mac OS X 10.15 - Bootcamp - Windows 10 - 2 x SSD 1TB - T16000M HOTAS - DCS World & Open Beta - Operator still a newbie

I've been reading the excellent posts here and I've got comfortable  editing the .lua files in Config, MonitorSetup.

I've been able to set up my monitors, so DCS uses all three, see below:

monitorSetup001.thumb.jpg.e0e84919b7ed32bdd7d76909d1a5e50a.jpg
---
Because I am running DCS World 2.5.6 inside Win 10, inside BOOTCAMP, inside Mac OS X 10.13.6, on a 12 year old Mac, I am finding that I get ~ 20 FPS, if all three screens display the scenery.

So I discovered that I'm getting ~50 FPS  (23 when taking a screen shot ),  if I use the two side screens for the MFCDs and the centre 30" screen, for the plane. I am happy with this frame rate.

So I've set the following up for the F/A-18C module and it seems to work fine, I'll tinker around with the exact size and positions of the MFCDs, but all good so far, see below:

monitorSetup002.thumb.jpg.3edb6305426121f23a4384aa97f04931.jpg
---
Then I thought, "Kneeboard",  and had a go at putting that on the right of the right screen. When I use shift K,  it pops up more or less where I want it, BUT, no matter what numbers I use, even negative numbers,  for the size and position, it resolutely displays, half off the edge of the screen, see below:

monitorSetup003.thumb.jpg.8bc5c63eea1399b076e3c14f989909c1.jpg
---
My questions are;  can I position it, and size it, on the right of the right screen, like the "CENTER_MFCD" is on the left?

Is the .lua file in Config, MonitorSetup the right place for this? Is there additional code I need to put in?

Any ideas?

Please see the contents of the .lua file below:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('C+L+Camera+R-dk');
Description = 'Left and Center MFCD on the left monitor, Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'
Viewports =
{
    Center = 
     {
          x = 1920;
          y = 0;
          width = screen.width - 3840;
          height = screen.height;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = screen.aspect / 2.5;
     }
}
CENTER_MFCD =
{
     x = 130;
     y = 150;
     width = 900;
     height = 900;
}
LEFT_MFCD =
{
     x = 1060;
     y = 200;
     width = 800;
     height = 800;
}
RIGHT_MFCD =
{
     x = 4540;
     y = 200;
     width = 800;
     height = 800;
}
KNEEBOARD =
{
        x = 5160;
        y = -200;
        width = 526;
        height = 789;
}
UIMainView = Viewports.Center
GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

Doesn't dragging it work?
Might not save position though.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks for that idea,  I'll try it . 

My graphics card has just died, so a week or so the get back in the pilot seat 🙂

Mac Pro 5,1 (Early 2009) - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB RAM - Radeon RX 590

Mac OS X 10.15 - Bootcamp - Windows 10 - 2 x SSD 1TB - T16000M HOTAS - DCS World & Open Beta - Operator still a newbie