Stuck on Mission 10 - SLAM behaviour

Temp89

I'm stuck on Mission 10. I fly to Waypoint 2 and get prompted to fence in. With Waypoint 3 selected, I click the WPDSG button and see the IN RNG message. When my teammates fire, I launch as well.

However even with FLT LOW selected the missile goes up in the air in a gentle arc and immediately becomes slower than my plane. It takes ages for the TMR countdown to reach 0 and the missile is normally intercepted before then.

Am I missing a step?

asd.jpg

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

23 hours ago, Temp89 said:

I'm stuck on Mission 10. I fly to Waypoint 2 and get prompted to fence in. With Waypoint 3 selected, I click the WPDSG button and see the IN RNG message. When my teammates fire, I launch as well.

However even with FLT LOW selected the missile goes up in the air in a gentle arc and immediately becomes slower than my plane. It takes ages for the TMR countdown to reach 0 and the missile is normally intercepted before then.

Am I missing a step?

asd.jpg

Hi Temp89,

Try launching it from a higher altitude with faster speed, sometimes the SLAM behave weirdly and wastes all its energy. We have reported this issue to ED.

Please let us know if it works out for you.

Climbing to 40k ft and then at WYPT2 diving down to 30k did make a difference. Have passed the mission. Could never get the SLAM to behave consistently though.

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

• 1 year later...

all my slam & slam-er are intercepted, tried twice, all intercepted. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, JG54_NF2 said:

In the last version, I adjusted the interception possibility of M10. You can try the effect in the latest OB version. ✌️

Thank you sir! 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

• 2 weeks later...
En 30/9/2022 a las 12:31, JG54_NF2 dijo:

In the last version, I adjusted the interception possibility of M10. You can try the effect in the latest OB version. ✌️

Hi there! was that modification finally introduced? It´s not mentioned in the official changelog of dcs open beta.

thanks!