AI not following waypoint altitudes

Death Merchant

I'm working on a mission and I keep getting strange behaviors from my AI bombers. I have waypoints set with altitudes of 15,000 - 35,000 feet, but some of the bombers are flying nap-of-the-earth down in the valleys, sometimes even crashing into mountains. What information do you need from me to help me solve this problem? Can I post the *.miz file?

[PC] ASUS X570E - Ryzen 9  5950X - RX 6900 XT - 32GB 3600Mhz

Hornet, A-4E-C, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, F-15E, F-14

Join us on Death Dealers PvE server.

Are enemy SAM's/AAA near by. If so by default AI will try to hide from them. To prevent this add Advanced Waypoint > Reaction to Threat > Evade Fire.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

6 hours ago, dark_wood said:

altitude is above sea, or above ground?

MSL, above sea level.

3 hours ago, Exorcet said:

Are enemy SAM's/AAA near by. If so by default AI will try to hide from them. To prevent this add Advanced Waypoint > Reaction to Threat > Evade Fire.

No, they are actually in enemy (their own) territory, so no SAMs or other threats.

In fact they are supposed to reach their missile launch altitude inside one of their own SAM site coverage zones.

4 hours ago, Sierra1 said:

Hi,

I had the same problem. I lowered the bombers speed somewhat and they started to fly higher.

/Sture

I'll give this a try. I did set the speed to Mach 0.85. I'll bring it down a bit a see what happens.

It seems to have been SAM threats. I guess the bombers were using terrain masking or something to avoid detection.

I've removed a lot of the unnecessary elements from this mission, including some SAM sites. The bombers are now behaving as expected.

Thanks for the help guys.

• Like 1