f16 jtac coordinates

demaske

ok so this might have been answered on here but i cant find it so in the red flag campaign one of the missions you have an option of being on call cas mission 7 i believe and the jtac coordinates that are given dont make any sense to me this is what is given NB322455 but the steer point on the ded are in dm i believe still look like a lat long no idea how to convert this or enter it into the f16

MGRS is a kind of coordinate format. The full F-16 module when finished should take MGRS as input but right now it only takes DM L/L. Otherwise you will have to do some kind of conversion.

One way is to find the spot on the F10 map with the coordinate format set to MGRS (Alt-Y cycles) and then put a mark there and switch format to what you want to convert to and then read the coordinates by mousing over the mark. It's slow but it's always accurate and it's something you always have available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2021 at 10:36 AM, Agrrregat said:

Check this thing: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304451/

I don't know if this help for scripted campagin but it's worth to check it. I was also looking for same answer if there is any support for MGRS in F-16 but nothing official 😞

so I've downloaded and used the mod worked flawlessly in the red flag campaign, thanks for the help definitely increases the immersion when you can do most things from the cockpit  

On 5/30/2021 at 3:03 PM, Frederf said:

MGRS is a kind of coordinate format. The full F-16 module when finished should take MGRS as input but right now it only takes DM L/L. Otherwise you will have to do some kind of conversion.

One way is to find the spot on the F10 map with the coordinate format set to MGRS (Alt-Y cycles) and then put a mark there and switch format to what you want to convert to and then read the coordinates by mousing over the mark. It's slow but it's always accurate and it's something you always have available.

thanks for the reply and yeah I tried to f10 it but I either don't know how to read the mgrs format or its missing something cause on the f 10 map mgrs still shows lat long essentially but the coordinate from jatac appears to be only the lat again i tried to look it up I'm familiar with mgrs from the military but its been years 

The grid overlay toggles are separate from the written format. Alt-Y cycles through the 4 or 5 formats.

NB322455 would be in the NB square. The easting chunk of digits 322 says it's 322/1000ths east of the west edge and 455/1000th north of the south edge.  NB322455 is inside NB3245 which is inside NB34 which is inside NB which is in some UTM designation.