How To Edit Missile Performance or Make Custom Missiles After 2.7

I'm wondering if you're able to and if able to, how to create custom missiles/edit missile performance for single player use (i.e. edit the burn time of the AIM-54C-Mk47 to have the same burn time as the Mk60).

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

• 2 weeks later...

To answer your question directly, it's no longer possible to edit the parameters of missiles that are already modeled.

The only way to do custom missiles now is to define them as new missiles, this is done most easily by using a mod aircraft and editing its "weapons.lua" file, or making your own depending on your level of proficiency.

You just have to change the name of the missile, it can use whatever parameters you like so long as its name does not match an already modeled weapon. (Protip: "_" (underscore) and "-" (dash) are NOT interchangeable, and changing a "_" to a "-" would classify it as a "new" weapon.) Have fun. :)

It's helpful to have access to an old 2.5.6 install for references.

Edited by StuntPuppy
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 10:44 AM, spacemishka said:

i think there was a discussion about it already and the option has been removed as anti-cheat-measure.

There were already "integrity checks" as an anti-cheating measure for multiplayer if I remember correctly, so maybe they just don't want us to change stuff like that.

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2021 at 7:16 PM, SgtPappy said:

Thanks StuntPuppy! So in theory, I could take the T-45 mod and mess with it to give it, S530s and Magics to simulate a Mirage and practice with that? 

If so I'll have to dig into this procedure. 

Not just any mod. The T-45 is not piggybacking off of any FC3 avionics, so it doesn't have the capability to fire air to air missiles even if you put them on it. Obviously the real aircraft couldn't either.

For your purpose of attaching S530s and Magics, you would be best served modifying an FC3 mod that uses either Flanker or F-15 avionics. The Gripen or the VSN_Eurofighter mod would probably be a good bet as they would be close to the mirage in size and weight and can easily have weapons added if you know what you're doing. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306220/ This is the VSN Eurofighter mod.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, StuntPuppy said:

Not just any mod. The T-45 is not piggybacking off of any FC3 avionics, so it doesn't have the capability to fire air to air missiles even if you put them on it. Obviously the real aircraft couldn't either.

For your purpose of attaching S530s and Magics, you would be best served modifying an FC3 mod that uses either Flanker or F-15 avionics. The Gripen or the VSN_Eurofighter mod would probably be a good bet as they would be close to the mirage in size and weight and can easily have weapons added if you know what you're doing. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306220/ This is the VSN Eurofighter mod.

That's awesome, thank you for the help!