Su-27 Data Link upgrade

musolo

Hi guys! Su-27/J-11 cockpit  skin  that upgrades its Data Link and turns it into a much more informative device. It brings situational awareness to a whole new level. You are able to instantly know range to all contacts that are shown on the screen. You can tell what is the speed and altitude are for each of the contact with minor error margins.  I released it few momths ago and it seems first few hundreds of  huge Flanker gang liked it so i decided to create a thread for it so more of you guys would know about it and  benefit from this improvrment. Cockpit itself is a dark edit of Devrim`s english cockpit. 

Link to skin: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313790/    There is a youtube video at the download page about this and other Flanker upgrade and it shows howthey work and how to use them.

Here`s how it looks:

J-11B AggressorFinal4.jpg

Here`s the front dash picture with this DL:

J-11B AggressorFinal3.jpg

And wider view:

J11Baggressorr.jpg

Edited by musolo
  • Like 1

----RED FLAG---- DCS Server. Discord: https://discord.gg/2PjQ52V

• musolo changed the title to Su-27 Data Link upgrade is available
  • musolo changed the title to Su-27 Data Link upgrade
  • 4 weeks later...

I honestly love the idea of references to help figure out speeds,alts and radar sightlines.

However infront of the aircraft is too cluttered. I would do away with the 1-2-3-4-5-6 infront of the aircraft, You already have two on either side of the aircraft (I think you only need one but, its out of the way so not a big deal) (And personally the sides as the rings serves no numerical purposes that I can find) 

Also the references on the top should be more streamlined with ALT on the top and Speed appearing on the bottom(Of the Line) going Left to right from Low to High (in value)

And I personally think that you only need 1 Legend and not 7.  I would put one on the bottom out of the way infront of the aircraft to declutter the screen.

Edited by Soulres

• 2 years later...
On 8/19/2021 at 8:06 AM, Sol 1 Mihaly said:

ED doesn't care about FC3 or Russian aircraft. This is a well known fact. 

Not only FC3. They did the whole WW2 asset with the western and Nazi aircraft, and they dropped Soviets out of the history in DCS. So, kids will think the WW2 was only happened in the D day on the Normandy coast. On the other side they sold the fault for the lack of aircraft is for Russian authorities' enforcement to not copy any of military hardware but seem they applied by themself to the whole aviation history including WW2. 

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm trying to do something like musolo's display idea and it is ridiculous what can be acomplished by just reducing brightness and contrast of the display texture. Image below shows the display against the sun, the half left is tweaked, while the half right is default, the waypoints 2 and 4 are completely washed out.

image.png

Edit: I'm also fidling with the su-25T and trying the get the shkval to be less broken and a bit more realistic

image.png

Edited by Skuva