Casual guy looking for casual people.

shake307

Been prowling a bit for a squadron.  I am a casual dude so not really looking for milsim.  I am military so not looking for that in my off time.  Kind of a jack of all trades in DCS, but I seem to prefer helos.  I own Mi-8, Ka-50, UH-1, Gazelle, A-10C, A-10C II, Viggen, F/A-18, Mirage 2000, Mig-21, F-5, Fw-190 D-9, and FC3.  Getting a bit tired of flying solo.  I am pretty decent in the Hip and Shark, but am also trying to be proficient in others, fixed and rotor wings.  Wanting to fly with others to learn some tactics and techniques and to have some fun.

ASUS X570 Plus TUF MOBO, Ryzen 3900X CPU, EVGA 2080 Super GPU, 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Hello,

I'm with the JTF-191, and we like our helo stuff. 
Like you, several of us are in the military or separated, and *most* of us aren't about to pretend like we're back to work. Because f*** that. 

Our heli group is about 6 men strong, to compliment a very large fixed wing component (about 50 fixed wingers), so we're pretty relaxed and, in a way, kind of do our own deal. 
The most military that we'll get is the elaborate planning of the campaigns and some TTPs and maneuvers, and radio stuff, but otherwise that's it. Right now, we primarily fly the Hind or KA-50, but we love the Huey in the off-time. We have real rotary experience here, so feel free to pick our brains and learn something.

EST group, 2000 timeframe, Tue/Thu/Sat mostly. 
Check us out at https://www.jtf191.com or hmu on the messenger here if you have questions. 
Best,

Edited by SmallsTheAmish

What?!  No Hip?  Just kidding, but Hip is by far my most flown bird.  Followed by the Shark.  Checked out your website, you all seem decent.  Just a warning, I am in this phase where I have a lot of modules and am trying to learn them all.  I am sure some of you have been there.  

Wouldn't mind checking you all out.  Getting tired of flying solo, aka, uncoordinated and random in multiplayer.  Ya know, no comms whatsoever and everyone is a hero.

I can pretend the Hip is a Huey in Huey Ops...

ASUS X570 Plus TUF MOBO, Ryzen 3900X CPU, EVGA 2080 Super GPU, 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD

The Flying Tigers (virtual Carrier Air Wing 5 renamed) is pretty casual. Discord link in the forum post. Mostly we fly on those uncoordinated servers but coordinate with each other. I am experimenting with making missions, so soon we might have one mission a week.  We have two squadrons currently, the A-10C II and the F/A-18C but were interested in opening others. 

Edited by DaggerYT

9 hours ago, Fighter Mike said:

Hello,  I read the forum post that said you had 50 fixed wing aircrafts.  While it sounds like American fighter jets are used, are there any Russian or European aircraft used?  For choppers, are you open to people that use the Huey?  

Were you meaning me or the other guy? If you mean me, Yes! I just haven't made the squadrons yet since no one in the group shows interest.

Hello,

Thank you for your response.  I also have the KA-50, which I want to learn how to use and fly.  I am interested in being a helicopter squadron.  Additionally, are you open to European jets like the Saab Viggen or the Mirage 2000 being added?

Edited by Fighter Mike

7 hours ago, Fighter Mike said:

Hello,

Thank you for your response.  I also have the KA-50, which I want to learn how to use and fly.  I am interested in being a helicopter squadron.  Additionally, are you open to European jets like the Saab Viggen or the Mirage 2000 being added?

Go ahead and slide on into the discord my man. Ill leave a link at the bottom of this reply, then we can really talk about what you want out of the Flying Tigers (vCAW 5 rebranded). The Ka-50, I don't think we have anyone who is capable of teaching that airframe. I have it, it's a pain to me but I will at least put an effort in to learn with you. As for the Eurojets, we don't have an established squadron for those ONLY because no one currently in the Tigers shows interest in them. We're even open to Russian aircraft. If you were even meaning me in the first place, I would be glad to talk to you in the discord and see if the Flying Tigers is what you're looking for. 

https://discord.gg/chYVfCKF

• 1 month later...

This isn't a dating site. 😄

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...