RIVERS What Good Are They in This Game?

DishDoggie

There are some really nice Rivers in some Maps and I want to make Missions With GUNBOATS on the RIVERS but You Cant Add a Small Gunboat to any River!!!! WHY? What Good are Rivers if you can't use them to the Most Common Sense reason for a River to be used other then Eye Candy looks.  Armed Gunboats attacking towns and roads and your mission is to Wipe them OUT. So PLEASE ADD SMALL GUNBOATS TO ALLOW THEM TO BE PUT ON RIVERS PLEASE. Thank You SO much Your The Best E.D. unless you say NO.

• Like 3

I know you can place ships in lakes, but only as static scenery objects. I often put ships (or oil rigs, etc)  in lake Mead on the Nevada map. Can't add way points  or get them to really do anything, but it's better than nothing.

But  I'm with you on your request.

• Like 1

FWIW - you may be able to do this by 'hacking' the mission file. I've seen an aircraft carrier half way up a mountain before on youtube by someone doing this.

I admit - this isn't the answer, and would be great if gunboats are set so they can be placed on rivers within the mission editor itself - but if you're desperate to have this added while waiting for a response - it might be worth seeing if that's an option. If of course this is more a wishlist and non-urgent - please disregard my post. 🙂

• 4 months later...