F-14 Airshow Demo

friggindead

One of the things I would love to do with this plane is an airshow demo but honestly, I don't know how. Sure, I know the maneuvers but I don't know how to perform them properly in an airshow setting- any help? Altitudes, speeds, size of the airshow box, etc Is there official F-14 airshow demonstration documentation out there I don't know about? I apologize if this has been brought up before- thanks fellow Turkey drivers

There was no official airshow instruction in the Navy like there was in the Air Force. The RAGs (VF-101, VF-124) were the official public airshow-providing squadrons and they developed the routine and it became the (semi) standard. At least that’s how I remember it. 

Edited by Spiceman

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

I must've watched your above narrated video a dozen times- Strike pretty much flew a spot-on demo if you match it up to any one of the actual demos loaded up on Youtube. How did Strike fly it so perfectly? He a prior Tomcat pilot or something? Anyways, I'm pretty much where Spurts is- just flying around n whatnot, trying my best. I'll get there one day...

Edited by friggindead
  • Like 1