RadioMayak

crazysundog

I cant get the radio to work properly with WAV or OGG's

With WAV files sooner or later while listening to them whilst flying and normally when it changes songs DCS will crash.

With OGG files, I dont hear anything.

All I do is I remove the original mayak sound files and add my own whether thats wav or ogg, and then I delete the sampledurationtable.lua file, all is well for maybe 10 or 20 minutes with wav files but it eventually crashes dcs :(

however, the original mayak music files work perfectly and dont crash dcs.

So I have no idea how to get Wav files to work properly without crashing dcs as I have tried a few converters and they all end with DCS crashing 99% of the time whilst changing songs, and I just cant hear anything with ogg files, although when they are played outwith dcs they are working fine, so I think the radio function has some type of bug in it that doesnt like user files ???

• 2 months later...

This looks really interesting...but before i try setting up some custom radio stations I have one important question.

How does this all work in multiplayer?.. for example.

Will/Can the Radio station be built into a/any mission i make, so anyone playing that mission can tune in and hear the music i've added?

Will adding the music files to their local machine manually allow it to work?

Or is this custom music Radio only good for single player missions?

Thanks for any help. :)

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet I got it to work the second time I tried!! Now the radio stations are playing songs by 1Kla$, Djino, Kacta, Basta, and Legalize!! You guys are the best for having this in the sim

CARRIER AIR WING EIGHT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BLACKLION 204

F-14D BuNo 163159

Fighter Squadron Two One Three

LCDR James "Rat" Trapp

http://www.cvw-8.org

• 11 months later...

Bumfire, You're not alone. I've noticed exactly the same response of game for my music. I wonder, if this can be result of some specific codecs installed...

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.