Mossies, 262s and ancient history.....

Gooseneck

Would it not be feasible for ED to allow backers of the initial (and now ancient) Normandy proposal to take the Mosquito in lieu of the 262, so we could finally lay that spectre to rest?

I know that I'd happily accept it all as done and dusted with that gesture, being one of those now ageing few..... 🙂

Edited by Gooseneck

36 minutes ago, StevanJ said:

Are you serious?
Youre gonna start a riot in here with talk like that.. :wallbash:

Well yes, in actual fact I am.  But as far as riots are concerned, I'm simply fishing for opinions. If folks wish to riot, it's up to them. 🙂

Edited by Gooseneck
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure if ED gave backers the option to take the Mossie instead of the 262 most would consider it a nice gesture. OTOH if they forced the backers to take the Mossie and abandoned the 262, yeah, there would be riots :). Also, at this point probably a lot of the backers who stuck with the game already have the Mossie.

Careful, it's 1984 and big brother is watching and listening, you'll accumulate points for a DCS forum jail.  I'm a backer, and at this point the 262 is a moot point, I love the P-47, the Spitfire is nice, the P-51 is a constant pain trying to get the bindings to stick. I did get the Mosquito............ one of my favorites, I don't really miss the 262, I don't fly it on the "other sim" either....

Cheers

Hoss

Sempre Fortis

I still want the Me-262. It was one of the two, along with the D-9, that I actually wanted. I already own the Mossy because it is one of my favorite WWII planes. Now, if they want to go back and offer something other as a replacement of the Me-262 because they do not have and cannot get everything needed to do the module for those who backed the project then it would have to be something new. I'd accept something like a B-26 Marauder, Me-410, Beaufighter or TBM Avenger as a substitute but never something I already have. I don't want a second Mosquito. 

Edit: Actually it would be a second and third mosquito.

Edited by Vampyre

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"