Harpoon B/RL & HPTP

Captain Orso

Yes, this ol' beast again.

Short Question: How do I use HPTP in B/RL mode?

-- If I don't select the Target WP and Designated to TGT, I cannot select B/RL in the PROG mode.

--  If I want to use the HPTP (which I do) I have to set the Turn WP to the Steer Point, and then press the OSB next to HPTP to box it. But as soon as I switch the Waypoint to the Turn Waypoint, the PROG mode changes to BOL(!!).

-- If I set the HPTP first, as soon as I change the mode to B/RL, the HPTP status disappears, and I'm back at square one.

This is Catch-22!

How is this supposed to work?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

2 days and over 100 views, and not a single tip or remark 😧

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks for the reply! I know that it is a bug that you have to make a waypoint your steer point and then designate as target for the B/RL option to appear under Mode, but what I'd read elsewhere in the forums, it sounded like it worked otherwise.

I guess it's off to the bugs section.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

The (wrong) way it works right now, you need to select the HPTP prior to entering R/BL (i.e. prior to designating your target). It will still be hit and miss and sometimes will act in odd manners, such as the harpoon overflying the target afterwards without locking into anything.

R/BL should be selectable prior to the designation according to the TAC-300 pocket checklist, and this was acknowledged as a bug in the bug reports subforum a few months ago. For now you can try the above workaround.

Edited by Ahmed
  • Thanks 1

Of course I tried setting the HPTP first, as noted in my first post. As soon as the R/BL mode is selected, HPTP disappears from the options.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

to be honest i do not understand why this is going on for months ... making a steer point work should be a "simple" bugfix i suppose 

"ÏF launched then fly to steer point X then fly to target Y" 🙂

Modules F/A-18C - AH-64D - Supercarrier

Maps Syria - Persian Gulf - Nevada

• 1 month later...

In BOL mode with HPTP boxed, the missile ignores the HPTP and appears to turn based on the SEARCH range entered.  I have flown it 5 times and triple checked everything.  I know this worked before.  It appears this weapon needs to be reworked and I hope it is soon.

If you have HPTP boxes, when you switch to BOL, HPTP will immediately become unboxed.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler