[2.7.6.13436 OB] [2021-10-4] TCS Silent Track

DSplayer

Bug: TCS can guide a Phoenix and not give RWR warnings

Can I reproduce it 100%: Yes

If not 100%, how often out of 10: 10/10

How to reproduce/description:

Method 1:

Step 1: PD-STT target and make sure TCS tracks target.

Step 2: Pull trigger and break lock before the missile goes off the rail.

Step 3: Make the radar slave to the TCS.

Result: The target may receive a brief RWR launch warning but this will soon disappear and the missile will now guide silently towards the target that is shown on the TCS.

Method 1.5:

Step 1: PD-STT target.

Step 2: Pull trigger.

Step 3: Get TCS acquisition on target.

Step 3: If target track is lost, slave the radar to the TCS.

Result: The target will get a RWR warning for the portion of time that the Phoenix was guided via PD-STT but when tracking is switched to the TCS, they may not continue to receive a RWR warning.

Method 2:

Step 1: Bug target in TWS

Step 2: Launch missile like typical TWS launch.

Step 3: Make TCS slew to the target that you fired at (has to be the same target)

Step 4: If you lose track on target, you can slave the radar to the TCS and continue to track the target as if it were PD-STT with the TCS.

Step 4.5: If you didn't lose track, you can just slave the radar to the TCS before the active signal is sent and guide it like in Step 4.

Result: The target will not receive any RWR warnings at all of a Phoenix heading their way and will die knowing that they were only getting F-14 nails.

DCS Version: 2.7.6.13436 Open Beta

System Specs:

i7-8700k

GTX 1080 Ti

32GB RAM

SSD Samsung 1TB 860 EVO

Peripherals:

Joystick: Saitek X56

Throttle: Logitech X56

Headtracker: TrackIR + TrackClipPro

Track: Tracks files are too big so I couldn't include them here. 

Video/ Screenshots: 

Method 1: https://streamable.com/mmsfag (Excuse the language that is used in the video, I was messing around with some friends after discovering the bug)

Method 2: https://streamable.com/b3txlh (Excuse the language that is used in the video, I was messing around with some friends after discovering the bug)

Mods: Quaggles Custom Keybinds

Message me if you require any help recreating this problem.

Edited by DSplayer

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

2 hours ago, Airhunter said:

Wasn't this supposed to be fixed in the last update? Unless it got left out as well. 

A method of doing it got fixed. I just found another way to do it.

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14