Error Setting Up Potentiometer on Arduino

hrnet940

I just tried to setup a potentiometer for testing to figure out how to use them and received the error in the attached image.  Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.  I tried to follow the documentation with DCS BIOS.  Analog Pin Error 01.jpg

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

Thanks.  It worked, not that I doubted you for one second.  This was my second last thing to figure out and test, I hope.  I have some circuit breakers here and would love to use them in my FA-18C cockpit.  When I attach them to the Arduino/Mega 2560 they are reversed.  Any idea on how to invert them in DCS BIOS to make them work? 

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

38 minutes ago, crash test pilot said:

Assuming you use either the switch2pos or actionbutton command; you can use a "true" argument which inverts the output. Use like this:

DcsBios::Switch2Pos starterCover("STARTER_COVER", 3, true);

Now I've learned something new today...

Thanks for the information.  I will give this a try the next time I get some time to test and get these circuit breakers working.

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

On 11/23/2021 at 6:47 AM, crash test pilot said:

Assuming you use either the switch2pos or actionbutton command; you can use a "true" argument which inverts the output. Use like this:

I just tried this with one of my circuit breakers and it worked great.  Thanks!

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

On 11/23/2021 at 11:47 AM, crash test pilot said:

Out of curiosity:
Could that be used to drive 2 different signals with one switch?
So it sends one signal when on and another when off?
I'm not thinking of any particular use at the moment.