I Noticed a mention in some older patch notes regarding the JF17 and C802-AK(G) - is this still a problem?

fergrim

Long range, cruise missile type weapons, especially the anti naval ones are hands down my favorite weapons.  In fact, it was the first one I learned how to use when I got my JF17 (and I was blown away by how intuitive the cockpit is in the JF-17 - you can really tell it's top tier modern as compared to even the F-18 - just that much more intuitive)

Is the C-802AK still not functioning as mentioned in that one patch note (I think it said it was failing to detect a target on its terminal run), or is it working properly now?

And if not working still, is my memory correct in regards to it only be the sea version and not the A2G version?

I've actually taken the time in the past few days to meticulously go over each of the JF-17s weapons and functions, with the help of the training missions, the manual and chuck's guide and in my opinion not only is the JF the most fully featured of all my modern DCS jets but also, everything that's meant to work does actually work.

C-802AK and AKG included.

The G can be tricky because you need to keep in mind you're flinging cluster munitions, and the AK can be tricky because the tutorial is out of date in regards to it saying that the "size' option isn't implemented yet.

But I honestly found myself impressed at just how many tiny details and features work flawlessly on the JF-17.

I also own the Viper, and in comparison, the Viper is like a staggering zombie - looks humanish, looks completeish until you get into its guts.

I also own the Harrier and the tomcat, and it's a similar vibe with those.

These guys deserve love and praise for developing such a clean and well functioning module, really.

Same with my hornet, too, though the hornet is fairly a good deal better off than the viper.

But so many other module owners can only dream of complete HARM functionality, fully functioning air AND ground radar modes - and fully functioning GPS guided weapons.

Not to mention the high end targeting pod.

It's good to be a JF owner. (I do wish the AKG didn't require MITL, but on the other hand, it's a really unique missile configuration - i'm glad we have the option.  Given we already have a JSOW, not having the AKG being pure easy mode is kind of fine)

• Like 3

On 12/11/2021 at 1:24 AM, fergrim said:

I've actually taken the time in the past few days to meticulously go over each of the JF-17s weapons and functions, with the help of the training missions, the manual and chuck's guide and in my opinion not only is the JF the most fully featured of all my modern DCS jets but also, everything that's meant to work does actually work.

It's good to be a JF owner. (I do wish the AKG didn't require MITL, but on the other hand, it's a really unique missile configuration - i'm glad we have the option.  Given we already have a JSOW, not having the AKG being pure easy mode is kind of fine)

I passed up the JF-17 mainly because I knew so little about it. But during the past sale I looked into it and it seem obvious the module was perfect for me...being based on the Mig21 made it even more interesting.

Now I have got to know the aircraft more the straightforward ergonomics of the systems only makes it more enjoyable to operate. It seems the aircraft has been designed for nations operating on restrictive budgets, for crew who will not get optimal amounts of flight hours or simulator time. Not only is it a great module, but the aircraft makes so much sense in the real world too. The only thing preventing this from being an export hit is politics.

Edited by thepointyend
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 6:42 PM, thepointyend said:

I passed up the JF-17 mainly because I knew so little about it. But during the past sale I looked into it and it seem obvious the module was perfect for me...being based on the Mig21 made it even more interesting.

Now I have got to know the aircraft more the straightforward ergonomics of the systems only makes it more enjoyable to operate. It seems the aircraft has been designed for nations operating on restrictive budgets, for crew who will not get optimal amounts of flight hours or simulator time. Not only is it a great module, but the aircraft makes so much sense in the real world too. The only thing preventing this from being an export hit is politics.

Yeah, JF17 weapon/MFD procedures are more simple, logical and streamlined, yet effective. The one I find increasingly HUD/MFD cluttered and complex is the F18. Sweet spot is the F16.  

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

On 12/11/2021 at 1:24 AM, fergrim said:

C-802AK and AKG included.

The G can be tricky because you need to keep in mind you're flinging cluster munitions, and the AK can be tricky because the tutorial is out of date in regards to it saying that the "size' option isn't implemented yet.

But I honestly found myself impressed at just how many tiny details and features work flawlessly on the JF-17.

I also own the Viper, and in comparison, the Viper is like a staggering zombie - looks humanish, looks completeish until you get into its guts.

I also own the Harrier and the tomcat, and it's a similar vibe with those.

These guys deserve love and praise for developing such a clean and well functioning module, really.

Same with my hornet, too, though the hornet is fairly a good deal better off than the viper.

But so many other module owners can only dream of complete HARM functionality, fully functioning air AND ground radar modes - and fully functioning GPS guided weapons.

Not to mention the high end targeting pod.

Meticulously gone over each system however i think you have got confused in your write up notes as the AKG is not a cluster muntion, its a cruise missile with a large warhead.

The cluster is the GB6-SFW.

Hope that helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat