Feature Complete JSOW

desertowl

+1, I hope we see these, them being marked as complete is a little worrying, but hopefully it just means they're now in and not feature complete.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 12/20/2021 at 9:41 PM, Northstar98 said:

+1, I hope we see these, them being marked as complete is a little worrying, but hopefully it just means they're now in and not feature complete.

Considering that in the Hornet roadmap, Wags said that finished IAM settings (like the terminal parameters mentioned here) may eventually end up getting implemented but they require new core functionality, so I assume that the same applies to the Viper. If/when ED decides to implement more in depth weaponeering controls in the core game, the modules will very likely get all the implementation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, WobblyFlops said:

Considering that in the Hornet roadmap, Wags said that finished IAM settings (like the terminal parameters mentioned here) may eventually end up getting implemented but they require new core functionality, so I assume that the same applies to the Viper. If/when ED decides to implement more in depth weaponeering controls in the core game, the modules will very likely get all the implementation.

Oh! Well if that's the case it's completely understandable.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

IAM terminal settings don't require an engine rework. The Hornet has had terminal settings for JDAMs (but not JSOWs) implemented for a while now (although the HSI zones do not reflect the changes) and the JF-17 has had terminal settings, with correctly changing HSD zones, for its LS-6 glide bomb, which is equivalent to a JSOW, also implemented for a while now.
  • Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

8 hours ago, Harker said:

IAM terminal settings don't require an engine rework

I don't think they'd mean a core engine 'rework' necessarily but rather an additional core function. Wags specifically said that IAM terminal settings require tasks to be completed outside of the Hornet, from this we can infer that he means new core functions. Maybe the JSOW itself flat out doesn't support these and they need to add this functionality to the weapon itself first before it can be applied to specific modules. Or maybe they simply don't want to add this and it's simply an excuse, I can't know for certain. 

Do those settings actually change how the bomb behaves? Because they might appear to work in the cockpit, zones and all, but not actually affect how the bomb falls. IRL, it's possible to make glide bombs fly a rather complex path to hit the target from a completely different side than the direction of the launching aircraft, and it's not necessarily something that DCS can currently do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 9:30 PM, desertowl said:

Hello,

In the JSOW MFD page, the ATK AZ,  EGEA and ROB parameters are still non functional - is there a due date to complete this functionality? In the systems and payloads thread it is marked as complete.

Best,

Mk

What do they do? 

They allow you to shape the trajectory of the JSOW, so you can determine the azimuth and altitude from which it will approach the target. You can assign different parameters for each munition, creating simultaneous attack from several directions.

• 1 month later...

+1 I want this to get done/fixed. If it works for JDAM it shouldn't be so different for the JSOW no?

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick