Mission 7 CBU 97 innacurate?

Hey Folks,

well i've tried this mission twice... the first time without inputting any wind data in Laste and the cbu 97 wouldnt hit the first group of tanks in the south west...  during the second trial i did input the wind data as mentioned in the Kneeboard, in 3 altitudes however i didn't have the temperature for two higher altitudes and no joy... i tried checking the mission briefing in DCS and the temperatures in the briefing for the 3 altitudes was way off ... any hint?

4 hours ago, Ralphk said:

Hey Folks,

well i've tried this mission twice... the first time without inputting any wind data in Laste and the cbu 97 wouldnt hit the first group of tanks in the south west...  during the second trial i did input the wind data as mentioned in the Kneeboard, in 3 altitudes however i didn't have the temperature for two higher altitudes and no joy... i tried checking the mission briefing in DCS and the temperatures in the briefing for the 3 altitudes was way off ... any hint?

I've never bothered putting the wind data in so can't really help much there, only thing to watch out for is the format it's displayed in, I think I'm right in saying there can be a 180 degree discrepancy between kneeboard and in game briefing depending on if its showing the direction the wind is coming from or the direction its blowing.

Other than that the weapon can be inaccurate, especially in wind, when flying this one I try to offset the aim point to account for wind...with mixed results but I'm far from a great pilot!