VR and Prescription glasses

Fish

Hi all, 

I wear prescription glasses and would like to relate my recent experiences in VR. 

I have readers, intermediates (for computer) and distance for everything else. My prescription has not changed in some time.  I have the reverb, and got me some VR 'inserts' based on my distance prescription which, at the time almost 2 years ago looked good. I've been using it this way until recently, but found the 'sweet spot was extremely narrow'. I'm upgrading my VR and decided to make sure I had the correct optics to use with my new set, so I removed the inserts, and tried with my intermediate glasses, and wow, the difference is chalk and cheese. In the F18 I can even see the objects on the map clearly without straining up close. And the 'sweet' spot issue is hardly noticeable. While the 'inserts'  make the experience convenient, the prescription spectacles gave me a much more comfortable and better quality experience. I can  see objects both air and ground, and MFDs' much more clearly. There are downsides, and my glasses have to 'acclimatise' to the headset, and start out foggy, also I have to be careful not to damage either the headset or the glasses.

The take home is, probably obvious to most,  if you have spectacles, make sure you try each, and that you have the correct prescription for your eyes.  Also the spectacles perform noticeably better than the inserts on the lens. And always test the different options.

Hope this helps someone.

• Like 2

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...