Is there a binding for ELEC/PNEU and ADI adjust switch

I could not find it in "default.lua". It could probably be created from info in "clickabledata.lua".
But I'm not sure I understand how it's supposed to work. When I use it with the mouse left or right click, the switch will go to ELEC or PNEU, but returns to the OFF (middle) position as soon as I release the mouse button. If that's how it should work, I could probably provide two lines of code for use with a pair of pushbuttons.
Please let me know if that's what you want!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I'd guess it's a pushbutton like behaviour. The real switch is simply spring loaded (electrically held) if I remember right.
It toggles from ELECT to PNEU
PNEU being pneumatic when CADC is off or failed and ELEC being the main mode 
The switch position has no real impact because PNEU mode is indicated by the yellow FLAG.

One of the checks are usually to ensure that these two modes are within 75 feet of one another.

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

http://www.ravico.com/ST/perso/Sig_generale.png

[/sIGPIC]

These two lines of code seem to do what you describe:

{down = alt_commands.ELEC, up = alt_commands.ELEC, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.AAU34, name = _('Altimeter Mode Switch ELEC/OFF'), category = {_('Instrument Panel')}},
{down = alt_commands.PNEU, up = alt_commands.PNEU, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.AAU34, name = _('Altimeter Mode Switch PNEU/OFF'), category = {_('Instrument Panel')}},

ED will probably provide them "in due course". If you can't wait:
They need to go into the "default.lua" under "\joystick" or "\keyboard" depending on where you want to use the commands.

• Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

Could I abuse and ask the same for the ADI adjust symbol? (the small airplane model used to set right in the center of the ADI)
It's currently implemented as a potentiometer, but not as a key as far as I can see.
Probably not something widely used, but in a pit with the seat adjust and flying IFR, it is useful
Thanks

I tried this:

{	down = alt_commands.ADI_ZeroPitchTrimLeft,		up = alt_commands.ADI_ZeroPitchTrimLeft, 	value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0, 	cockpit_device_id = devices.ADI, 		name = _('ADI Trim Knob - CCW'), 						category = {_('Instrument Panel')}},
{	down = alt_commands.ADI_ZeroPitchTrimRight, 	up = alt_commands.ADI_ZeroPitchTrimRight, 	value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, 	cockpit_device_id = devices.ADI, 		name = _('ADI Trim Knob - CW'), 						category = {_('Instrument Panel')}},

and although I see the lines in the control binding screen, assigning it and testing it does not give any result. The default potentiometer assignation works though 

Edited by Red Dog

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

• Red Dog changed the title to Is there a binding for ELEC/PNEU and ADI adjust switch

You are trying to re-invent some wheels here 😃. The button commands "Pitch Trim Knob - CW" and "Pitch Trim Knob - CCW" already exist under the category "Instrument Panel".

• Like 1

LeCuvier

You're right, I found them - even better

Silly me then, I must have missed them the first time

To my defense Pitch trim knob really doesn't make me think of the ADI, but rather the MAN TRIM pitch controls (which are not in the instrument section)

My apologies. and thank you

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

46 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

To my defense Pitch trim knob really doesn't make me think of the ADI, but rather the MAN TRIM pitch controls (which are not in the instrument section)

I agree, the "ADI" was stupidly omitted from the binding's name. Very misleading.

LeCuvier

Red Dog,

I'm a year late to this discussion but I am also trying to map the ELEC/PNEU and I'm not finding the proper .lua file. Do you happen to remember exactly where you put the code? I tried searching for default.lua but those only exist in aircraft mods folder and I don't have an F-16 mod.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

It appears I was going down the wrong path (Local Disk (C)>Users>owner>saved games> dcs open beta). That path has no F-16 Mods. Then, I found the following path 

Local Disk (C)>Program Files> Eagle Dynamics> DCSWorld Open Beta> Mods> aircraft> F-16C>Input>Joystick. But when I attempt to change the default.lua file I get a message that says I don't have permission to edit the file. So which file EXACTLY do I need to change?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

You need to open Notepad++ in Admin mode ("run as administrator").

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

yep, first thing is to ensure you have admin rights with notepad++

then from my understanding (Lecuvier will correct me if I'm wrong)
then you can either do it in keyboard\default.lua or joystick\default.lua depending if you want to assign this to a keyboard keypress (then do it in keyboard\default.lua) or a DX button of one of your button boxes or joysticks - then do it in joystick\default.lua

I did it in joystick\default.lua and assigned it as a DX button of one of my BU0836 

Edited by Red Dog

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]