F/A-18C in the Model Viewer

Turner

Hello, I'm fairly new to skinning and using GIMP, but am guilty of having made the F-16 skin for Team Wadafak in SATAL. 🤪

Loading the file '.../coremods/aircraft/fa-18c/shapes/fa-18c.edm' in the model viewer (the only model of the 18 I've found anywhere in the DCS folders) ...none of the livery folders in /savegames... works. The 'Reload Textures' command in the model viewer does nothing, and reloading the model with a liveries folder set as texture source does nothing. What's this about? I'm getting nowhere. 😑

The F/A-18C is the only aircraft my model viewer has this prolem with. All other aircrafts I've loaded accepts textures from the 'saved games' path. When I load up the 18 it won't load textures no matter where I put them, not in the 'saved games' path and not in the 'core mods' either.

This is the correct path (below), right???

fa-18c.jpg

Sure, what I said about hacks was not directed at your .lua file in particular but a general statement to the accessibility of sensitive code to end users. I recall patch notes last year correcting an issue that had up until then allowed users to alter weapons performance data. From a PvP perspective something like that is absolutely intolerable, and it's a certainty that a small percentage of the community exploit these weaknesses to the fullest. Because gamers be gamers. Not everyone approaches DCS from a sim perspective, some see it as just another game.

Don't assume that you're the target of someone's negativity. I mean, it's not all negativity DCS has huge potential and ED have built something unique here but if they don't take steps to be ahead the future could be worse than uncertain. As I'm taking part in the SATAL league the hacking aspect worries me, but that doesn't at all prevent me from having fun in DCS.

Oh, and perhaps I should explain that I'm using multiple drives and C drive is primarily used for the OS and I don't want it cluttered with game files. I have a separate drive for games. So because of how ED structure their game assets I'm forced to keep gigabytes of data on the C drive that I don't want there. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd love to be wrong about this and many other things, but that's how I understand it.

Edited by Turner

3 hours ago, Urbi said:

Ok, I understand your concerns. In this context I had pointed this out to the user mod creators, as they had encrypted these luas. With the hint that Ed is not gafing this. The measure followed immediately. All Luas were taken out of the script folder database, which can be used for manipulating the weapons and also the aircraft data, and converted into dll's. To your problem of the storage capacity of your HD. If you have installed the game yourself on a different HD, you can copy all Liveries folders of the Usermods into the main directory Bazar / Liveries. You could do that with the texture folders, if they have zip folders or folders with a separate name. Folders that only contain the textures are unsuitable for this.
then you wouldn't need the autoexes.lua from me either.

That's very helpful, thanks!

On 1/10/2022 at 11:37 AM, Turner said:

how ED structure their game assets I'm forced to keep gigabytes of data on the C drive that I don't want there. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd love to be wrong about this and many other things, but that's how I understand it.

You can move the saved games to any drive.

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...