Dubai Landmarks

Callsign112

Recently picked up the Persian Gulf map to go with my Super Carrier and other planned purchases like the F18/14. For now though, I have spent a lot of time just exploring the map low and slow in the CEII and Yak52. A really great map with tons of interesting topography/water. And its easy to tell that ED has made a pretty good effort at getting a lot of the detail right.

Have also done a little driving around areas like Abu Dhabi and Dubai in a Hummer, and again, pretty decent job. But as far as landmarks go in Dubai at least, I think ED really missed two important ones, the Deira Clock tower, and the mall of the Emirates. I know the PG map is considered feature complete, but common guy's really.... no ski Dubai? I am hoping that this would be seen less as a feature and more of an artistic improvement. If the artists that created the map ever run out of things to do, it would be nice to see one of the most visited malls in Dubai make it on the map.

deira Ctower.jpeg

ski dubai.jpeg

Edited by Callsign112

No ski Dubai has been there since 2002, the clock tower since 1964. They included Ibn Battuta mall which is really cool, but the mall of the Emirates is much more relevant as a Dubai landmark IMO. The Dubai marina area could maybe use another pass as well, but other than that they did a really decent job of portraying the major cities. All in, I am really happy with it otherwise.

Edited by Callsign112
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/16/2022 at 8:20 PM, Callsign112 said:

Recently picked up the Persian Gulf map to go with my Super Carrier and other planned purchases like the F18/14. For now though, I have spent a lot of time just exploring the map low and slow in the CEII and Yak52. A really great map with tons of interesting topography/water. And its easy to tell that ED has made a pretty good effort at getting a lot of the detail right.

Have also done a little driving around areas like Abu Dhabi and Dubai in a Hummer, and again, pretty decent job. But as far as landmarks go in Dubai at least, I think ED really missed two important ones, the Deira Clock tower, and the mall of the Emirates. I know the PG map is considered feature complete, but common guy's really.... no ski Dubai? I am hoping that this would be seen less as a feature and more of an artistic improvement. If the artists that created the map ever run out of things to do, it would be nice to see one of the most visited malls in Dubai make it on the map.

deira Ctower.jpeg

ski dubai.jpeg

Agreed, also the JBR area with Ain Dubai, it's a very important region imo especially since it's one of the most visible areas while flying off the coast, the attached image is from the MSFS scenery by inibuilds.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 192449.png

Screenshot 2023-12-28 192204.png