Warthog Trim problems

marcelbrabson

I'm having trouble adjusting the trim settings on the Warthog. It seems that no matter what I do I can't get the proper trim set on any module. I'm a real life pilot but still can't get it right. Can anyone help me with this? And if you don't have anything helpful or positive to say don't say anything at all. Thanks

AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Core Processor 3.90 GHz.

16 GB of Ram

2 MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8GB Graphics Cards

LG Blue Ray

Samsung 1TB SSD

Western Digital 1TB HD

2TB Western Digital SSD

Corsair Full Tower

Liquid Cooling

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

27 Samsung LED curved Monitor

1 hour ago, marcelbrabson said:

And if you don't have anything helpful or positive to say don't say anything at all. Thanks

You could start by saying how your trim is setup (and programmed) on the your Warthog.
Directly from within the game, through Target GUI, Script or another proggy perhaps?

And, since you're real time pilot, could you describe how it should behave compared to what you experience in the sim?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Yes , I am a real world pilot. The problem is that no matter what I do I'm chasing the trim all over the place and I still can't get it right. Either it's too much in one direction or the other. What Target settings should I have?

AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Core Processor 3.90 GHz.

16 GB of Ram

2 MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8GB Graphics Cards

LG Blue Ray

Samsung 1TB SSD

Western Digital 1TB HD

2TB Western Digital SSD

Corsair Full Tower

Liquid Cooling

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

27 Samsung LED curved Monitor

I use Sedenion's Complete 128 dx script, versions 1.5 &  1.6 allow for pitch, yaw trim by default, S3 enabled (pinky switch) and the L/R movement gives me roll trim. Setting your trim up before you take off IAW with what is needed will reduce the workload. Yaw trim is the easiest, center the ball. I hold the stick loosely at center point to get the pitch set. If the ball is still centered and it rolls, adjust roll trim, gently. As a pilot you know any change in speed or torque with props will nullify R/P/Y settings. Watch the controls in the cockpit, some move quickly while others are at a snail pace. I got a R/P/Y trim box from Vitaly (GVL). It works great on the Mustang but I don't get full deflection/movement 1 : 1 with in game wheel and the full three rotations of my controller. It's not the trim box, but the game settings causing the problem (P-47, Mossy). I have no problems with jets at all and don't trim them much. I can trim a warbird with the TMWH stick and fly hands off with no problem.

Hoss

Sempre Fortis

6 hours ago, marcelbrabson said:

Either it's too much in one direction or the other. What Target settings should I have?

Did you set your trim up directly in the sim or do you use extra software (Target GUI or Script or Joystick Gremlin or so) to get the inputs over to DCS?
When using extra software, you can program the triminputs to respond like you want.
On some aircraft i have set them to have a continious input as long as i press the trim button, on other i use programmed pulses even if i should press the button to long, it just generates a single (or double) pulse each time when pressed. You could also use a tempo command that will generate a button press in time. This gives you way more control over the trim.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!