How to hear radio calls from other AI groups ?

JEFX

Hello all,

These days I can only play single player, and sometimes it feels a bit empty or lonely and I would like to hear more radio comms from other assets of the mission (I play mostly Liberation).  Now we can communicate with our own flight members via the radio menu, we can communicate with the supercarrier (quite nicely) or other ATC (pretty limited), with the AWACS (pretty limited but useful) and tankers (when needed).  I would like to hear the radio calls from other flights (CAPs, Bombers, Attack, etc.), is it possible?  For example, while I am doing a TARCAP lets say, I would love to hear the A-10Cs attacking ground targets or evading SAMs under me... is there a way to hear them (in the ME)?

I tried playing with the frequencies to make them correspond, to no avail... I tried in the advanced waypoint options to turn on the RADIO USAGE WHEN CONTACT or WHEN ENGAGE to ALL, but I dont hear them in my F-18... (On the right frequency)...  I remember, a while back (couple of years perhaps), the quick mission generator was almost unusable because one would hear all other flights speaking always at the same time, when passing waypoints, when attacking, when defending, etc... several dozen AI speaking all at once, impossible to understand...

Now, nothing.,.. not a word...  anybody knows how to control what we can hear from other AI groups?

thanks!

Edited by JEFX
pressed enter too soon
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

• JEFX changed the title to How to hear radio calls from other AI groups ?

Frequency of the AI units has to be the same as yours. I.e. if you're in the Hornet (default freq. 305.000), set the frequency of the AI units you want to hear to 305.000 in the ME and you're good.

cheers

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2