How to get ground target bullseye location?

itn
Go to solution Solved by Bunny Clark,

Hi,

How could I get ground target bulls location? Specifically bulls location, not the coordinates for my use case.

Let's say I have HTS and TGP. I locate a sam using HTS and TGP. How would I get the target's bullseye location?

Only way I know is switching to HSD page and slewing HSD cursor over SPI (or MARK if I created one) and then reading the HSD cursor BE location. It's somewhat cumbersome and error-prone, but it's there.

Is this the only way? Are other ways/features expected for DCS Viper? What I'd like to have is BE location available in HAD and TGP, but no idea if those were available IRL and if they're coming to DCS or not.

• Solution
56 minutes ago, itn said:

Is this the only way?

Yup. Bullseye is primarily an air-to-air reference point and if it's used for an air-to-ground reference it'll be for a very approximate location at best. IRL, sending points on the ground using the TGP would be done with a datalink push, or manually using L/L or MGRS coordinates. 

11 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

Yup. Bullseye is primarily an air-to-air reference point and if it's used for an air-to-ground reference it'll be for a very approximate location at best. IRL, sending points on the ground using the TGP would be done with a datalink push, or manually using L/L or MGRS coordinates. 

Thanks, I guess that will have to do 🙂

-itn

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bug/not implemented at the moment. As currently modeled, the bullseye location on the air to ground radar is only reading where the air to air cursor is -- that can't be correct.

Bullseye is used, IRL, to pass the location of SAM threats, or call the location that HARMs are being shot to -- so we should see air to ground cursor bullseye on the HTS and FCR working properly. So, I'm guessing this is a bug or not done yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/